95' Mk2 Rover Sterling

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:27 pm

...The leather panels are lighter on later Sterlings...
Yes, I see what everyone means now..............

To be honest I think the ones I have look better, darker leather inserts look more corporate and luxury, plus it breaks up the sea of Grey.

Lord Sterling

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 pm

I like the door cards, much nicer, and the gold lining seems to underline the Sterling aspect
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:44 pm

I haven't any pics of them but the ones on my MK1 820i are the soft crinkly type to match the bespoke seats (and they're black too !)
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:50 pm

I like the later door cards very much more than older styles - the gold lettering/pin stripe on the wood is a nice touch.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:56 pm

BlueRover wrote:...I haven't any pics of them but the ones on my MK1 820i...
Then get a camera out man! And snap away at your interior to your hearts content :D

Lord Sterling

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 pm

I think the darker coloured mk2 vitesse door card inserts would go well with some rouched leather from a mark 1, but I haven't seen one for real in this combo ?
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

whitelion58
Rover Guru

Post by whitelion58 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:03 am

That's a handsome Sterling Mo - great colour combination, in my opinion.
As for door cards, I much prefer the early ones with plain panel inserts. Always thought the padded ones look a bit tacky, personally. Best combo is the early panel with the later pinstriped wood - so every one has different tastes! ( PS, may be interested in the wood if you are swapping it out.)

I suspect those cards you got from Brad are from the same car that donated the charcoal carpet in my '90 Mk1?

BlueRover - any pics of the black interior? My Mk1 has the black ruched seats, but rest of it is still in grey. Looks okay to me though :-)

By the way, I put a few hours into the seats at the weekend. Someone commented they looked a bit tired - and they did! Quite faded and a lot of scuffs and marks, especially on the fronts. I did a 3 stage process. Clean with Gliptone Liquid Leather cleaner.., then rub in lots of Grison Leather Balm. This is a black dye and had a fantastic effect! Finally, a few coats of Glipton Leather Conditioner. The results are very very pleasing. They look, feel and smell brand new again :-) Finished off with some new OE grey mats and its looking good!

Good look with the cars anyway Mo.
Cheers
Tim
'86 825 Sterling Saloon
'90 827 Si Fastback
'94 Sterling Coupe
+ others.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.