My Vitesse sport

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

KernelIctPro
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by KernelIctPro » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Dajazar wrote:There's definitely something in the water :P Youv'e done the opposite of Gludenscrude :lol: Kudos though because yours is a lot more difficult. Interestingly, I see you have some screen "bleed" on the trip. Mine is on the other side. It must be another special Rover fault.
Ive just got another two for spares, theyre in the post,, its definately a common fault on the small LCD, the larger LCD never seems to go, the good part of that being the VCM and Trip actually split so its easy to swap over with a good unit.

InTheRover'Over'
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by InTheRover'Over' » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:10 am

VERY nice work mate.

Would you consider doing a how to sticky for the electonics section?
No 800 owned at the moment, but i do own a very gay purple 216 coupe. Looking forward to rebuilding my 420 GSi Turbo :)

Known as Chris

KernelIctPro

Post by KernelIctPro » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 pm

InTheRover'Over' wrote:VERY nice work mate.

Would you consider doing a how to sticky for the electonics section?
It would take me a while to dig out the notes and scan them, the put some pics together, with anotations but yes its doable.

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Did you make the modded top arms or did you buy them somewhere?

Are they just standard ones sprayed up?

2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 pm

I would love to know how to put it a VCM in my car. It's a V6 Manual Coupé 8)

Is it possible to fit one, then 'unplug it' for putting the standard centre in when I want to for show originality??

Not bothered if it's not....

Top arms look standard to me, just painted. Am I right???
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

KernelIctPro

Post by KernelIctPro » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:44 am

Kyle wrote:Did you make the modded top arms or did you buy them somewhere?

Are they just standard ones sprayed up?

All standard, there is a place in Manchester who will produce one offs which will adjust, but theyre expensive.

Removed stripped, cleaned up and painted ready to go back on, with new ball joints,

beware when stripping the things, if the rubberlite bushes fall apart, you cant buy them, as one shows, no bushes, Ive since replaced that and given it the same clean up treatment and a repaint,

KernelIctPro

Post by KernelIctPro » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 am

Nuts4my827 wrote:I would love to know how to put it a VCM in my car. It's a V6 Manual Coupé 8)

Is it possible to fit one, then 'unplug it' for putting the standard centre in when I want to for show originality??

Not bothered if it's not....

Top arms look standard to me, just painted. Am I right???
Top arm standard

No on the trip as you endup replacing some of the wiring to the lights etc, as these are fed from the VCM unit, the originals are cut and feed the VCM, the VCM the feeds the lights (front and rear sides)
theres also the problem that the arwe new sections of harness front each side to the headlamp monitoring system air temp coolant level washer level oil pressure and No1 injector feeds required.
so if it was swapped over for a show, you would loose your lights for the day.

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:01 pm

I am looking at making some adjustable top arms, as when you 'drop it into the weeds' the camber angle alters quite a bit.

Looking at making the ball joint holes in the arms slotted, welding on a small strip of metal each side to keep it straight, and fiitting another bolt with an offset fixed washer (like the rear suspension) at the end of the ball joint to make the adjustment possible and acurate.

Anyone else considered this? Got to pick up another set of top arms first, as I dont really want to muller mine and find out it doesn't work .(Cant see why it wont though)

*Wanted, spare set top arms, less ball joint :D
Phil B
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.

decalservice
Regular Visitor

Re: My Vitesse sport

Post by decalservice » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:43 pm

I'm sorry to dig up an old post, but if you're still around, would you mind telling me if I could get a copy of your "notes"? That would help out trememdously. I'm fitting a Large computer into a late model MK1 and could use any info on pinouts, etc. I'm having trouble opening the google drive electrical files, I'll have to give it a go on a different computer.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm

decalservice wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:43 pm
I'm sorry to dig up an old post, but if you're still around, would you mind telling me if I could get a copy of your "notes"? That would help out trememdously. I'm fitting a Large computer into a late model MK1 and could use any info on pinouts, etc. I'm having trouble opening the google drive electrical files, I'll have to give it a go on a different computer.
He was last on here 1 year, 1 week and 1 day ago Rod :

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=364

You might be lucky and he'll pop up, alternatively i think somewhere i have a Mk1 Electrical Manual on paper, about 3" thick all in, that would probably tell you what you need! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re:

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Nuts4my827 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:01 pm
I am looking at making some adjustable top arms, as when you 'drop it into the weeds' the camber angle alters quite a bit.

Looking at making the ball joint holes in the arms slotted, welding on a small strip of metal each side to keep it straight, and fiitting another bolt with an offset fixed washer (like the rear suspension) at the end of the ball joint to make the adjustment possible and acurate.

Anyone else considered this? Got to pick up another set of top arms first, as I dont really want to muller mine and find out it doesn't work .(Cant see why it wont though)

*Wanted, spare set top arms, less ball joint :D
Are you still looking for some top arms Phil? I know it's a "year or two back" lol! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 am

I may be. Got to check my extensive supply boxes. Still working on dates to come to yours. I'll call Simon later....
Phil B

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Pretty sure i have a pair if you do need them, all the bits are ready and waiting for you anyway. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate