Kates V Plate Sterling Fastback

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

rovercoup
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kates V Plate Sterling Fastback

Post by rovercoup » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Three hearty cheers and well done. Now go out and enjoy the spring weather.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

FrazzleTC
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: at last kates pictures

Post by FrazzleTC » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:53 pm

Very well done on the MOT, and that's a beautiful example. I've bought a bootliner for my 827 too, though I've not put it in the car yet. :oops:
Fraser

vito
Rover Guru

Re:

Post by vito » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Vard66 wrote:
CHR15E wrote:I've done the same so can't really say anything. :lol:
*scowls*

It's gonna be hard enough for me to find one that fits my insane criteria without people killing them off needlessly.
Take a look through some of the forum posts, people sit on these cars trying to do the decent thing and can't give them away, getting pi$$ed about from pillar to post, you can't sit on them forever *hoping* that true enthusiast is gonna come and rip your arms off, it's up to an owner to do whatever he sees fit with his own vehicle.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Whilst my Sterling was parked up during last winter it was visited by little furry mousals who took a liking to my bonnet liner :x

To be honest I was really suprised this happend as I had been told that this model came equipped with a cat. which I've just spent several hundred pounds replacing. :?

The nice people at Bradford Auto Spares came to the rescue with a liner for £35 including P+P

Fitting was easy with my trim removal tool earning its keep again to pop out the plastic plugs. The only advice would be to put the middle ones back first so you can see the holes as they didn't exactly line up.

Luckily they didn't chew on any of the wiring. I'm going to have to do something this year to stop this happening again.
The mouse has probably got the quietest house in the country. :lol:

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:13 pm

The V reg is looking very nice there Kate.

Reminds me that I regret mine not being a fastback too :(

Lucky the mice did not touch anything else under there eh?
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

aryan57
Regular Visitor

Post by aryan57 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:53 am

Love the V reg Sterling, looks like it just left the showroom.
1992 820SI saloon.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:17 am

Mice!

My tip is to leave the bonnet open. Not only does it discourage vermin as it is too light, it also allows you to keep an eye on things.

I had rats in a lovely Sterling many moons ago and that was reluctantly scrapped. It had only been stood about two or three weeks.

Best deterrent? Everything. Don't just try one solution. Electronic stuff, poison, traps - try everything. A cat also works well. Obviously, make sure all holes and gaps in the garage are sealed. That will keep out the big stuff if not the teeny field mice that can get in anywhere.

A farmer gave me a tip a while back. Piss everywhere around the area you want to deter mice and rats from entering.
No longer an 800 owner!

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:35 am

Very Tall Brad wrote:
A farmer gave me a tip a while back. Piss everywhere around the area you want to deter mice and rats from entering.
That's a bit unladylike, but then I suppose your not a lady (are you?)
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

Eduardo
Regular Visitor

Post by Eduardo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:59 am

Love it!, nice looking, very tidy wish my wife would have her car the same of your.
1999 Rover KV6 Sterling Saloon Nigthfire Red
1996 Rover 825 SDI Saloon BRG
1976 Lincoln Continental Mark IV White Brown
1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible Phoenician Ivory
1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Berlina Black
2008 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Grey

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:00 pm

TDHFastback wrote:The nice people at Bradford Auto Spares came to the rescue with a liner for £35 including P+P
That's a reasonable price from those people. They usually rob the poor for every farthing, and in my experience of them, not always so helpful or polite.
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 pm

See the damage that mousal did to my aircon here

http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=12585

Kate :(
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

kevaldershot

Re: Kates V Plate Sterling Fastback

Post by kevaldershot » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Lovely looking car Kate
Where did you source the boot liner from?
Best to you and yours
Kev

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:A farmer gave me a tip a while back. Piss everywhere around the area you want to deter mice and rats from entering.
Any sort of strong scent from something the vermin would consider a threat would work. If you haven't got a cat, find a neighbour with one and if you can bear the odd looks, ask for some well used cat litter and sprinkle it round your garage or under the bonnet.

Yes, it smells, but not too much and is cheaper and less hazardous than traps and poison.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5