Tidied Roland up a bit, what do you think?

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Robs820
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tidied Roland up a bit, what do you think?

Post by Robs820 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Another quick update for this car. I have now moved on and got myself a Jaguar XJ8 3.2 Sport so the Sterling has left my care. I was sad to see it go as in the time I owned it, it just did the job. Exactly as it's makers intended. It's still in the family though so I still get to see it. Well over 100k miles nowadays and running like a dream. Truly great car. Can't thank Ryan enough for selling it to me. Space and funds permitting, I'd have it back in a heartbeat
All the best
Rob
Rover 820 fastback (T reg) in metallic charcoal
Rover 420SLi saloon (K reg) in Ocean Blue (Gave up it's cylinder head to keep the 800 going....R.I.P)
Rover 820 Sterling auto (R reg) in Willow Green

Captain Sensible
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Captain Sensible » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:25 pm

I have this car now...It's not in a good way...Currently deciding what to do with it.

Something is not right, it's drives like a sack of (swear word), in fact I'd go as far as to say it's a vile thing to drive. Something's not right. I can feel the front wheels shimmying during turning. I've currently got it on another set of 17 inch alloys which Craig Cheetham lent to me, and I can still feel it, so it's not something simple as the wheels being out of balance.

That said, on a smooth road it's great and handles flat. Run over an ant and you can feel the shock absorbers struggling, or rather, lack of shocks absorbers struggling. I dread to think what the result of running over a Giant Ant would be. Or a caterpillar.

It has a vicious oil leak as well which will need sorting if it's to stay in my possession.

I've dumped it in work's car park until I decide what to do with it.

Captain Sensible
Regular Visitor

Post by Captain Sensible » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:45 pm

I use to be a landscaper...At least then if I wanted I could bury a car...

Captain Sensible
Regular Visitor

Post by Captain Sensible » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Ground filling...great for artificial hills.