Alucard7002 - Mk2b 820Si Fastback - Pic Heavy!

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: Alucard7002/TheOldMan - Mk2b 820Si Fastback - Pic Heavy!

Post by Richard Moss » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:31 am

Interesting seats - I think that the fronts work best because the green is surrounded by cream.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Kyle
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Kyle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:41 pm

No to my taste, but A+ for effort on recovering the seats so well.
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Alucard7002 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:41 am

Washed and waxed yesterday

Turtlewax car wash and turtlewax nano tec (easy on and easy off - and yes I have just noticed I missed a spot on the OS sill :roll: )

Must try not to park under the trees...

Orange peel on the rear quarter I re-sprayed is on the list of jobs to do on a rainy day.
All the stonechips on my freshly re-sprayed bumpers :( not happy about it but hey ho, lesson learned. Next time pay someone to 2k lacquer it after I do the base coat. Normal cellulose stuff clearly wasn't up to the job. (and Yes I was the culprit for the parking ding on the front bumper - distracted in a multistory car park with a lumpy wall... first ding I've EVER put in a car - if you excuse writing off Dad's previous 800 :cry: )
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

stanker
Regular Visitor

Post by stanker » Thu May 30, 2013 7:58 am

I'll bet you twenty pounds you can't make my nightfire red gleam like that.

TheVDM
Regular Visitor

Post by TheVDM » Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 am

Nightfire can be quite a bit of work, but it isn't half worth it when you get there.

On the other hand if you fancy a holiday in Margate, I'll give it a go! I like washing polishing and waxing cars :D
Jim Valentine

1999 Jaguar S-Type V6 SE (want to swap for an 800)
My old 800.

Alucard7002

Post by Alucard7002 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:50 pm

stanker wrote:I'll bet you twenty pounds you can't make my nightfire red gleam like that.
That the one I helped you get to idle right?

I'd give it a go that's for damn sure, machine polishing can work wonders on any paint - just got to be careful and use the right pad/compound combination!

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

TheOldMan
Regular Visitor

Post by TheOldMan » Fri May 31, 2013 6:20 pm

stanker wrote:I'll bet you twenty pounds you can't make my nightfire red gleam like that.
At £20, the bet would only cover a single panel (excluding bonnet or roof) !
Dusan's Dad - it's MY Rover son!
And it's my 40 too, or what's left of it.

Alucard7002

Post by Alucard7002 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Minor update time.

Since last summer the old girls has been running on LPG.

Absolute DREAM too, averaged 24.4mpg over 6000 miles (I have done more than 6k on LPG but I hadn't recorded it all)

13.8 pence per mile fuel cost. or petrol price equivalent MPG of 42

LPG is awesome - did I mention that before? :lol:

Anyhow - A while back I was fiddling with cruise control, 13 pin towing electrics and all sorts of other goodies and gadgets.

I was out with the SLR (Ancient, bulletproof Canon 20D if anyone is interested) the other night and tried some long exposure tripod shots to get some funky photographs - I plan at some point to photoshop them to layer them all together (There is a method behind my madness!)

Note to self: Need absolute darkness to get nice photo's, need a remote trigger so my press of the shutter doesn't wiggle the camera, need LOTS more practice!

So enjoy! :-)

LED sidelights (They are pure white with NO trace of blue what so ever)
Trying for some lens flare here to photoshop on top of previous photographs - yes the fog lights are green - I pull the relay out normally and only use them for shows/ for amusement with some friends. (And yes one is green and one isn't - TheOldMan pressurewashed/cleaned/scrubbed off the bulb paint on the drivers side one by accident)

LED festoons - again PURE WHITE no blue

Interior

Mk1C instrument cluster mask with modified wiring to get cruise, trailer and sidelight warning lights
Super grainy - apologies, this was handheld and I had to use 3600ISO to get it vaugely non blurry

The one b*****d light that I can't change the colour of...

And one that I toyed with in Picasa + Photoshop - new signature pic I think!

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

Alucard7002

Post by Alucard7002 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 am

New milestone reached!

Car purchased November 2011 @ 72k

Cambelt, water pump and full fluid & filter due very soon.

Major parts/work this 820 has had over the last 2 years

Clutch
Clutch slave cylinder
LPG Kit
Discs & pads
New Springs & dampers all around
Detailed properly
Resprayed bumpers, rear quarter, wing mirror covers, door rubbing strip (NSR) new chrome strip all around.

This is a daily driver that's used & abused by myself and every member of the family - eldest has borrowed it for Ikea runs and house moving, TheOldMan uses it for Tip runs and general load lugging. I commute and play taxi/designated driver.

In other news

2 people Milford Haven - Swansea
3 people Swansea - Cardiff
4 people Cardiff - Shrewsbury
6 people Shrewsbury - Alton Towers

Now sensible person says 5 in Rover & 1 takes train from Shrewsbury - Alton Towers

Naaah

Not when train (2x connections and a bus) costs over £20

Solution?

Strap one of the 6's motorcycle to TheOldMan's trailer and TOW it over 400 miles to avoid the train fare.

Cost per head in LPG?

£12

My cost for the weekend as everybody was insistent my fuel cost calcs were wrong... £7 (they bought my ticket as a thanks for driving)

Mission success!

Also, two blokes two mountain bikes + gear just 'fell' into the back of the fastback - got to love the capacity of this thing!

Other jobs to do

Fix Cruise
Scooby-esc rear light cluster modification
replace existing 2channel amp that does the 6x9s in the OEM holes with a decent 4ch - back to using the proper R960 with my modified tape deck as Aux input, much more satisfying than Halfords Special
Source a set of 16" spoked wheels, Roversports or the Rover 16" optional extra - fed up with cleaning the prestiges and I personally prefer the look of the Roversports/Rover Option wheels. Not to mention this isn't a Sterling so it shouldn't have had them (It's an Si so from memory it should have had a different set of 15" spoked wheels as standard)
Look into a full stainless steel exhaust made to measure as the existing one sounds naff (gutted cat, ebay special back box that is crap quality, downpipe consists of more weld than original steel!)
Ideally a Manifold back system - 800's are motorway cruisers and I'm not 17 so no fart-in-a-can/two stroke moped sounds don't panic! :roll: (Though now with airbox clips and an air filter I do miss the beautifully subtle induction roar when the LPG system "hiccupped" and blew the airbox to bits! Will have to save up for a toy car one day...)
Also Vitesse Dampers all round and front springs, even up the arch gaps and make the underpinnings mostly vitesse specification (after the springs and dampers only the bushes and rack are Vitesse unique - not going to bother with those)

Always something to tinker with :lol:
Last edited by Alucard7002 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

Alucard7002

Post by Alucard7002 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 am

To add

These wheels

Or

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Are you still looking for wheels?

I've a set of 5 Roversport alloys that may be available. Bought them off Brad last year to go on my Si but they could do with a light refurb and for many reasons I never got round to painting and fitting them.

If you're interested let me know and I'll send you some photos of them.

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:00 pm

you can buy a green cig lighter, it's just a differant color plastic fitting.
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

Alucard7002

Post by Alucard7002 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Quick update for you all.

New Steering rack and inner track rod ends
Yet another set of re-conditioned rear calipers (My stocks are getting low!)

13 months advisory free MOT ;-)

Cambelt due next year

LPG running a dream returning an overall average of 24.8mpg @ 13.5 pence per mile fuel cost

So far it is leaking

Engine oil from all camshaft seals, both crankshaft seals and the cam covers (at least the front subframe won't rust!)
Gearbox oil from the input oil seal (and a very weak 5th gear syncromesh)
Coolant from *somewhere* not enough to worry me - only needs topping off every 1500 miles or so
ATF from *somewhere*

All of the leaks are not a problem in my book of rules as I do not have to top up the fluids in between fuel fill ups

I think this is going to be one of those cars that just keeps on trucking along needing the odd bit here or there for MOT

As a result I've decided to keep to old barge for the time being

List of jobs out of necessity/time to faff include

Cambelt +tensioner (due next year)

Cruise control

No longer after any shiny parts - I'll live with the 16" prestiges for summer and 15" spoked for winter

Here is to another year of 'trouble' free motoring ;-)

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Great news on the MOT Dusan.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

FrazzleTC
Regular Visitor

Post by FrazzleTC » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:32 pm

I've just read this thread from start to finish, and have found it very interesting, seeing what you've done, and the modifications. I certainly agree with you regarding LPG. It's a brilliant way of running a larger petrol car. My 75 has done 30,000 miles or so, on gas, and has never given any cause for concern! :D
Fraser