Brad's very cheap V reg 825 Sterling Coupe #2

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Brad's very cheap V reg 825 Sterling Coupe #2

Post by Alucard7002 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Heh, seeing an 800 on steelies reminds me of our old 91 820Si

Midnight blue saloon on steelies. Looked a proper thugmobile by the end of its life, peeling lacquer and all. Great for Mum to do the shopping and school run in, nobody ever messed with her on the road! :lol:

Interesting work with the wheel, brutal is sometimes the only way to go, hopefully you didn't bend the track rod end doing that or damage the steering rack!

Getting there nicely! Looks rather good with the old pre-96 tango lights. Makes me want to tango mine now :roll:

Keep it up!
Last edited by Alucard7002 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 pm

I was careful when I was bashing the wheel. The car also has new ball joints and track rod ends, too. I wasn't too worried about putting the tracking out as the car will have a full geometry set up once the new wheels and tyres go on.

The tango lights will come back into vogue soon. Everything does, eventually, and then all those frosty, greyed out, neutral or Lexus style rear lights will look about as up to date as Jean Shrimpton on an RSW.
Last edited by Very Tall Brad on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer an 800 owner!

TheOldMan
Regular Visitor

Post by TheOldMan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Alucard7002 wrote: Looked a proper thugmobile by the end of it's life, peeling lacquer and all.
Grrrrr

Apostrophe use AGAIN.

Read and inwardly digest

http://www.apostrophe.org.uk/
Dusan's Dad - it's MY Rover son!
And it's my 40 too, or what's left of it.

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!

Post by Alucard7002 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm

TheOldMan wrote:
Alucard7002 wrote: Looked a proper thugmobile by the end of it's life, peeling lacquer and all.
Grrrrr

Apostrophe use AGAIN.

Read and inwardly digest

http://www.apostrophe.org.uk/
No Google Chrome autocorrect plugin!

Newest Google gizmo thing Dad, learns your typing habits to correct them just like my mobile. It got it wrong, I didn't spot it :oops:
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Your Old Man's a bit harsh tonight, eh, Dusan?

Notwithstanding the erroneously omitted apostrophe, I was impressed that a lad your age could spell "lacquer". Nice work.
No longer an 800 owner!

TheOldMan
Regular Visitor

Post by TheOldMan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 am

Very Tall Brad wrote:Notwithstanding the erroneously omitted apostrophe
It was the erroneously inserted apostrophe that annoyed me.

Poor grammar and spelling is always annoying especially nowadays when on-line spiel chequers are available. Probably just a sign of my age. I am frequently confused by youngsters' lack of knowledge of basic Latin, poor grasp of English (or possibly British) history and the inability of shop assistants to do simple mental arithmatic.

I can still remember my 1s 8d times table from my time as a part time waiter in a Working Men's Club (well nearly!).

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:03 am

TheOldMan wrote:
Very Tall Brad wrote:Notwithstanding the erroneously omitted apostrophe
It was the erroneously inserted apostrophe that annoyed me.

Poor grammar and spelling is always annoying especially nowadays when on-line spiel chequers are available. Probably just a sign of my age. I am frequently confused by youngsters' lack of knowledge of basic Latin, poor grasp of English (or possibly British) history and the inability of shop assistants to do simple mental arithmatic.

I can still remember my 1s 8d times table from my time as a part time waiter in a Working Men's Club (well nearly!).

I understand that. The correct use of the apostrophe is rare. As regards Latin...how old are you?

By the way (and I can hear Dusan sniggering now) you spell "arithmetic" with an 'e' not an 'a' :lol:
No longer an 800 owner!

TheOldMan
Regular Visitor

Post by TheOldMan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 am

Very Tall Brad wrote: I understand that. The correct use of the apostrophe is rare. As regards Latin...how old are you?

By the way (and I can hear Dusan sniggering now) you spell "arithmetic" with an 'e' not an 'a' :lol:

Overconfidence, I don't need a spiel chequer for obvious simple stuff like that -- that'll larn me!!

Latin - rigorously selective Grammar school in Northumberland mining town, 1963-1970. Still teaching Latin to the top set at least until 1980's. I lost touch after that. It was regarded as an upstart 'new' Grammar as the 'real' established Grammar in Newcastle still did Greek as well.

I don't understand the problem with apostrophe use. It is subject to a limited number of simple, clear rules - it's all about knowing your shit as opposed to knowing you're shit.

Now use of the colon versus the semi-colon - that I've never mastered, as it all seems so subjective.

I would be interested to know where you stand on the Oxford comma - I'm opposed, except of course to avoid ambiguity.

Probably time to get back on topic - I also rather like the look of the proudly battle-scarred coupé on no nonsense black steel wheels.

Dajazar
Rover Guru

Post by Dajazar » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Us geordies always did have the best command of both English and Latin in my opinion. Alreet! :lol:
Tracy
Love my cars
Rover 827 Sterling SOLD
Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 For Sale
Honda CRV 2.0

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Aye ya not wrang there like pet. Now wheres me canny bag a Tudor

Kate :lol:

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Eh? Chrome can't translate that :D
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

BennyVitesse
Rover Guru

Post by BennyVitesse » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 am

Chrome doesn't stand a chance!
They'll be claiming ownership of the Fog on the Tyne next...
Ben

1996 Rover 111 Knightsbridge SE
2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT
2016 Toyota Yaris Bi-Tone Hybrid
2017 Nissan Leaf 30kW Tekna

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 am

Pulling this thread back onto topic...I have collected my 'new' wheels after refurbishment. I was going to fit brand new, still in the wrapper 16" Prestige Coupe wheels but I only have 7 left with 4 earmarked for another car. Three would have looked odd so I have had four others of a different style refurbished, powder coated and repainted.

No longer an 800 owner!

soundrediscover
Regular Visitor

Post by soundrediscover » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Those look very nice.....
Rock On!

Ian

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Yes, they look very smart Brad
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997