Hull Motor show pic heavy

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hull Motor show pic heavy

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:53 pm

A dry sunny day greeted my run up to the Hull motorshow in the shodow of the Humber Bridge.

At 6.30am the M11 was lovely and quiet and with the cruise selected the Sterling was in its element.

I arrived at 9.30 (after only stopping for petrol) still feeling refreshed and could have easily done another 160 miles. Relax its a Rover 8)

There were two 800s all ready at the show. The red Sterling belonging to Simon the organiser

Whilst the lovely Vitesse belonged to Chris

Gary and Chris turn up and after a shuffle of cars we have a nice little group

Wheels clean, then a cuppa

Not only is it a rare W reg but low milage as well.

Some of the other cars

This made an incredible noise

This belongs to Howard, Chris (silver Vitesse) Dad. The photos do not do the colour justice. App it was a one off V8 made for a managing director of MG/ROVER.

The other extreme

All it lacks is an MG42 on an AA mount

Yank Tank

This was lovely

One for Richard Moss

Garys Coupe looking lovely as always (thanks to Chris's polishing :wink: )

This was cute

??????????????????????

I Know what I'd have out of this line up (and it isn't German)

Any clues

Aaah isn't it sweet. Its a Trojon which was a British built Heinkel made in Croyden.

Name that dash

Another shot of that lovely Vitty

Heading home

A long old day but nice to meet some new faces and well done to Simon for organising the show.
The Sterling wafted me home in elegance and ran sweetly all day.Lovely.
Hope everyone else got home safely

Till next time

Kate :D

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: Hull Motor show pic heavy

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Some great photos there - glad it went well
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SJG » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:32 pm

It was Simon who bought the nightfire Sterling from us. He said he was going to join the forum, but I don't think he has yet. Glad P33 GMW is still looking well.

Glad you had a good day and thanks for the pictures.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:52 pm

WOW ! a Buick grand national GNX ! that is so cool and very fast even today. I am not a tire smoking muscle car person but a GS(X) or a GNX, yes please.
My other american dream is a 58' Plymouth Fury / Belvedere or a 64' Buick Riviera, real elegance.

Those MK2 800 fastbacks always look good and that low mileage Vitesse is like new. It looks like you guys had a great day.

Marc.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:29 pm

A lovely set pf photos, those F Type Jags are stunning although I think I would have one in a dark colour (It costs nothing to dream)
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:45 am

Nice pics Kate, thanks for posting them up, and some lovely cars, always nice to see a few Yanks too.

Jon

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:57 am

Kate - I reckon I'd go with the Dodge Charger rather than the SAAB (by now you'll all be beginning to realise that I like Yank cars).

I have to laugh when I see Trojan cars - given that in "Trojan" is the American equivalent to "Durex", you have to wonder what that says about the person inside :)
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Lovely pictures you have taken there looks like a really varied show
i want lots of british cars got 1 want more

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:29 pm

A terrific day in a pleasant venue, and we stood out as a group with the four cars in different colours with the sail flying high .............

This will I'm sure be an annual event so next year hopefully we can get up to BLMC day attendence.

Some supplementary pics including some of my arty farty nonsense ones ....................... :D

A pleasant day out with the weather holding firm (just)
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Lovely pix. Love the charleston coupe, and woodcote vitty with the 800 plate.

Must show at more shows.
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:56 am

Enjoyed your arty pics Gaz.
That pic of the stretched 75 is the first I've seen,
add that to the double header 75 pic Kate snapped at Longbridge,
only got a glimse of it go by, just as it was leaving.

Jon

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Jon R wrote:Enjoyed your arty pics Gaz.
Jon
That's the Hull mayoral car Jon, crest on the doors and KH1 on the registration (Kingston upon Hull)

What's that worth to a strapped council coffers......100k ?, most councils have sold these 'luxury' number plates off now, Hull seem to be resisting .... :D
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:27 pm

vito wrote:
Jon R wrote:Enjoyed your arty pics Gaz.
Jon
That's the Hull mayoral car Jon, crest on the doors and KH1 on the registration (Kingston upon Hull)

What's that worth to a strapped council coffers......100k ?, most councils have sold these 'luxury' number plates off now, Hull seem to be resisting .... :D
Like Leicester's Mayoral cars "ABC 1" and "1 ABC" I bet they don't to sell them .
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/n ... z2bwglkUiW

Jon

820 Turbo

Post by 820 Turbo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Some good pics there Kate, was good to meet up with you, Gary and Chris.

Hopefully I can make it to some other shows.
'92 820 Turbo 16v fastback '97 Vitesse Lux Fastback '99 Vitesse Fastback '03 MG ZT 260 '68 VW Camper '72 VW Crewcab '79 VW camper

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:32 pm

i've always liked the pontiac feiro, small car v6 3.6 pocket rocket :D :D :D
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil: