NEC 2013 (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NEC 2013 (PICTURE HEAVY)

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:31 pm

It all looked very, very professional. The cars were well chosen and looked like new cars. Nice.

No pictures of David Soul, though. ha ha
No longer an 800 owner!

Alex SBY
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 am

Excellent pictures everyone. Thanks all for the kind words - I'll have my work cut out to make it better next year, but ideas are already emerging...

It was hard work but very rewarding with all the positive feedback we received. Thank you to all exhibitors and in particular Benny and Ed. Sterling work indeed!
One or two 800s...

Austin-Rover
Regular Visitor

Post by Austin-Rover » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:49 am

I dropped by the 800 stand, and was well impressed with the quality of the cars on display. I met Alex and had a good nosey around his 820 - very nice.

It seemed a shame the stand had some issues with its proximity to the live stage. Really, the organisers shouldn't have put a stand there. I walked past a couple of times when something was on the stage and the cars quickly got lost in groups of people standing round watching.

However you all made the most of it and triumphed over adversity. Well done! :D

Incidentally, my own 800 was at the NEC, but in 'support vehicle' capacity - transporting the Allegro Club and Maestro Club stands. Who needs a van when you've got a Fastback? :wink:

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 am

Very Tall Brad wrote:It all looked very, very professional. The cars were well chosen and looked like new cars. Nice.
Thanks Brad.
Very Tall Brad wrote:No pictures of David Soul, though. ha ha
Erm.. here's a couple..

He seemed a nice chap, and had time to talk to the visitors to his stand.

He also gave an interview on stage with Mike Brewer and a talk and video show of his
Cuban car project, "Ernest Hemmingways long lost 1955 Chrysler New Yorker"

Some info about it here: https://www.facebook.com/cubansoul

Starsky & Hutchs' Ford Torino

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:19 pm

That's better. Thanks for those.

He is a nice chap, despite bad press about 25 years ago, which threatened to finish him off. I guess having such a high profile does expose you to having all your dirty washing aired in public, doesn't it?
No longer an 800 owner!

BennyVitesse
Rover Guru

Post by BennyVitesse » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:31 pm

He liked a drink or two (who doesn't?)
Ben

1996 Rover 111 Knightsbridge SE
2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT
2016 Toyota Yaris Bi-Tone Hybrid
2017 Nissan Leaf 30kW Tekna

Craig
Regular Visitor

Post by Craig » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:06 pm

BennyVitesse wrote:He liked a drink or two (who doesn't?)
Me. I need a lot more than 2 at the moment.
1999 Mazda Xedos 9 Miller
For sale/px/swap
http://rover800.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11806

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:

He is a nice chap, despite bad press about 25 years ago, which threatened to finish him off. I guess having such a high profile does expose you to having all your dirty washing aired in public, doesn't it?
Not sure what he got up to, but you don't always have to do a lot to get bad press, trouble is mud sticks.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:19 pm

How true. People in the public eye only have to open their mouths and are immediately misquoted. It's little wonder so many journalists are regarded as honest as estate agents.
No longer an 800 owner!

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:How true. People in the public eye only have to open their mouths and are immediately misquoted. It's little wonder so many journalists are regarded as honest as estate agents.
Manufactured news .. sells papers !

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:51 pm

whoops...........................double post
Last edited by vito on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Jon R wrote:
Very Tall Brad wrote:

Not sure what he got up to, but you don't always have to do a lot to get bad press, trouble is mud sticks.
(allegedly) broke a guys car roof by landing on it on his a$$ in the early 70's tchh.......... :D

And she 'aint no silver lady ..........looks strawberry blond to me .................... :wink:
Last edited by vito on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Poor bloke has had a bad back ever since

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Wow! What a great collection of cars and pictures! I wish i could have been there :D
Cool that you guys have met Mike Brewer and Edward China!

The stand looked like a Rover dealer with those new condition cars :D
Simply epic!
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Very nice!! How did you manage to keep your cars clean on the way there? Or did you all have a wash and brush up before entering the display hall?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!