BMC Peterborough 2014

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BMC Peterborough 2014

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:22 am

Well its over for another year :(
But a grand time was had by all :D
There was heavy rain on the Saturday whensetting up :(
But Sunday was glorious all day :D
Our 800 turn out wasn't as high as last year :(
But the quality of cars on the stand was fantastic :D
I spent far to much money at a superb autojumble :(
Buying some fab things :D

So now for the piccies

Saturday morning, setting up with Sara and the the gang

David one of the organisers who has a fantastic memory and has the ability to walk around the field putting in stakes in the right place with no map or plan, has a Mk2 fastback which he uses to pull a little trailer containing all the stake and tape. We sat in it, bumping round the field and I thought the dash was a bit unusual. He bought it when it was 4 months old and has done 126000 miles.
Is the dash unusual or common. I've never seen one like this before?

Black clouds threaten so we decide to pitch our tent.

Then the heavens opened and it poured for an hour or so making putting stakes out and tape up very miserable.
At 4pm the other campers are allowed in.

The evening was lovely and dry and, after a long busy day with a beer in hand, we sat round relaxing, surrounded by Britains finest, talking about corrosion, faults, weak points and fixes. Fantatstic :lol:

We set up the 800 club stand gazebo the night before and were chuffed to see it still standing the next morning. Though the wind on the Sunday destroyed it so we had to take it down.
The morning dawned a glorious blueness and after putting up the club flags on our stand, we donned our high viz and helped marshall the cars as they arrived.

A nice sight to wake up to

Most people are freindly and happy, looking forward to a splendid day but the odd person is rude or dismissive and I feel sorry for Sara and her VOLUNTEER crew who have to take such abuse. There really is no need for it. I don't know why people have to be like that :(

One chap turned up in a lovely red Tickford fastback. I directed him to the club stand. He said
"I'm NOT going there, they are a bloody miserable lot, I went on the forum and just got negative comments about my car"
I then revealed the badge on my polo shirt and said we wern't all miserable and that he should pop over for a cuppa and see we are a friendly bunch.Wether he did or not I'm not sure.

The auto jumble had some lovely bits (Stevee G getting a NOS wing for £20 and I picked up some goodies to.) Thanks for the badge Steve, I will wear it with pride)

A potential new member to the club brought along his lovely Mk1 Sterling. Recovering from leg surgery, he had the ultimate Rover accessory for his car !!! (he didn't mind me taking this piccy). Welcome to the club and thanks for bringing your car along for us to enjoy.

Patrick was there with his lovely new red 827 facelift saloon full of goodies to buy. (thats it next to the Police car)

This diesel coupe was the subject of much discussion on another thread. Its an interesting car and unique.

Unfortunately we don't have many pictures this year as we didn't have time to look round the stands, being busy all day (in a nice way :D ), so heres some piccies of the cars we all love and cherish

Dave had his trusty kettle and stove going and kept us topped up with tea all day. Thanks Dave. (thats Patricks car behind)

These CRAYSHY Dutch guys had come all the way from Holland in a lovely Morris Ital and we had a good old natter on the Saturday night. They really love their British cars over there.

Where else but at the BMC will you see two rare 820Se's side by side. One manual, one auto.

Well thats it, hopefully other members have taken some piccies of the other cars there for you to enjoyand can pop them on this thread.
The weekend was hard work but very enjoyable. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to chat to more of you but thank you all, for turning up with your lovely cars.

The camping weekend was super and I can well recommend it for next year.
A big thank you to Sara, Ashley, Alison,David,Jack,Paul and the other organisers for all your hard work.

Heres to next year. Only 364 days to go. Get polishing.

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

rovercoup
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BMC Peterborough 2014

Post by rovercoup » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:34 am

As Kate has already said a cracking car show with lots of interesting cars on show and coupled with such good weather a £5 well spent.

It is always nice to put names and faces to forum users names and to also meet new members and their cars.

Here is a few photos from my walk around that took my eye. Enjoy.

Picture 4 shows Darrens 2.5 VM diesel coupe engine.

Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:18 am

Glad it went well - thanks for all your hard work, Kate
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures, it looks like you had a good day.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 am

Well done Kate!, and to all who attended.
Sorry I couldn't make it again this year. :(

Austin-Rover
Regular Visitor

Post by Austin-Rover » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:05 pm

There just doesn't seem enough time to get 'round the show in one day! Once you've cleaned the car, had a brew and a natter you often can't walk further than the next stand before you've seen someone to catch up with. It got to about 3pm and I wondered where the time had gone, I saw hardly anything on the non-Club side of the field.

Consequently, I got to spend very little time on the stand with the car, however it was a rare treat to park next to another Se. It was also an interesting opportunity to spot all the subtle trim and detail differences (for a saddo like me, anyway!)

:D

Rich.

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Quote....(for a saddo like me, anyway!)

That makes two of us Rich :lol: :lol: :lol:

(now were did I put that anorak)

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:50 pm

TDHFastback wrote:Quote....(for a saddo like me, anyway!)

That makes two of us Rich :lol: :lol: :lol:

(now were did I put that anorak)
Next to the TORCH in the boot :lol:
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Rosalind and I really enjoyed the day. It was great to meet some of the club members - many of whom were very helpfull with our new coupe. It was so good to be able to talk to people that appreciate 800 series cars. We made some good contacts and picked us some useful tips. Even after owning 800s since the 1990s...you can still learn something new. For instance i always thought the lamp had blown in the boot/fuel release switch in all my mk II cars....Dave tells me there is no lamp in there.

Some more photos of the club cars.

ImageRover 800 Owners Club by T_W_D, on Flickr

Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:39 am

Some super pictures thank you. Good to see your diesel coupe.
When you turned up at the gate I though ahhh that must be the Coupe that was on e-bay a wee while ago. Or a very sick 827 :lol: