Al Ain Classic Car Show

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Richard Moss
Site Owner

Al Ain Classic Car Show

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:22 am

The local classic car museum hosted the 8th Al Ain Classic Car show this weekend. The majority of stuff there was American or Japanese but there was some British stuff (mostly of a Solihull bent). I had to smile on seeing Alpina and M-Power badges on the Mini!

Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: Al Ain Classic Car Show

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:24 am

Foreign stuff:

Ford Thunderbird:
Lincoln Continental:
Ford something or other:
Chevy Impala?
Corvette Stingray C3;
Datsun Bluebird SSS:
Chevy pickup:
Stasi staff car:
Suzuki SJ something or other:
Cadillac
Nazi staff car;
Japanese thingy:
Skyline:
Mustang GT:
Mazda RX4:

Assorted Datsuns and Toyotas etc:
Assorted Yanks and Germans:
Chrysler New Yorker
Buick Riviera
Impala (if memory serves me right)
Ford Galaxie
Chevy Impala
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:19 am

Some awesome machinery there Richard! The "Japanese thingy" as you call it is actually very closely related to the silver "Japanese thingy" in the next picture that you have listed as a Skyline.

Here's a better view of an almost identical car (without the mods) :

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/imag ... ctar-tb-v3

It is in fact a Skyline, C110 series coupe which was the first Datsun/Nissan made all by themselves. The silver one you pictured (unless i'm very much mistaken) is one of the changeover models from Prinz to Datsun when Datsun/Nissan bought the rights from Prinz Motor Company. The other silver beast you pictured, between the burgundy metallic Toyota Crown 2600 Supersaloon and the Datsun 120Y coupe is in fact yet another C110 series Skyline, in saloon form. The only official UK Skylines we ever got were the C110 series saloon and C210 series coupe so judging from your photos the UAE got a lot more choice than us!

Got to love that Range Rover convertible though! :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks Dave - I'm no great expert on Japanese cars and the information cards in the museum are really vague giving make, engine size and year of manufacture (if you're lucky) and some were just plain wrong.

I do like 1970's Japanese cars though, they have a look all of their own

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:36 am

You're welcome Richard and to be honest, the only reason i recognised it is because i had three C210 series Skylines and got to know the C110 series from finding a few in scrapyards when i was looking for bits for mine and trying to find model kits online of the C210.

The early (1970s) Jap stuff did have a look all of its own i agree, something unadulterated with "Euro-blob" styling and a certain knack of the Japs making parts look different, even when shared across the whole model range. Gave each model its own definite identity and character IMO.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Slamm
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Slamm » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Like the Yank cars, quite fancy something big, American and vulgar :wink:
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable