Pride of Longbridge 2015 (pic heavy)

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pride of Longbridge 2015 (pic heavy)

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:37 pm

The sun shines on the Rightous apparently, though the last couple of years it hasn't with winds and rain.
This year however...

I will let the pictures do the talking

We met at Beaconsfield for the convoy run up. It was a poor show from the 800 crowd with only ourselves and Ricky flying the Flagship.

The Metros were having fun. Flippin eck they were quick and then we saw what was under the bonnet of one of them when we got to the show. One of them had a Lotus engine :shock: :shock:

Arriving at the show

This German chap set off on Friday morning at 3am to get to the rally from Munich. Now thats dedication. Its an 827Si which in Germany was a Sterling hence the interior spec.

I've never seen a left hooker before. Its really weird with everything the opposite way round. Still lovely though.

British Arcitect

A nice Coupe parked next to .....

....another nice Coupe parked next to ....

....another nice Woodcote Coupe

NeeeeeNaneena

So many 800s started arriving we had to double stack them in another row 8) 8)

Steeve G's very nice Tony Pond Fastback.

This was the actual test vehicle used in the magazine article displayed in the window.

We decided to go for a wander and found these three 6R4's

Ignoring the 800s ,this was my car of the show. A lovely Metro in Applejack green with Savanna sand interior. Just lovely

We then found this lot who had arrived as part of the Cowley convoy. TWO TICKFORDS :shock: 8) 8) 8) :D

"Why Mr Anderson ..why?

Look at all those 800's 8)

I'm not saying that the Princess was a slow motor vehicle but this rear seat passenger was only 23 years old when they set off

This is my second favourite of the show..

This is a very rare and unusual 825i. It was ordered from the factory with Sterling interior and has been in the same family since new. Only 44000 miles.

Sorry but this had to be done

This didn't... :roll: :shock:

The Bennymobile. A rare early 200.

Sam Skelton got us all together for a fantastic photo oppertunity. 8)

I asked our German friend to get invloved and put his car in pride of place, giving him the chance to get some lovely pictures to take home.

Marks Austin 18 towers over all the modern stuff. Thank you for the ride around the field. It is an amazing piece of British engineering and 77 years old :shock:
Thanks Mark.

Sam with his beloved Monty

We were about to leave and got involved in another photo shoot with a couple of Police vehicles. Appearing in a magazine soon apparently (not sure which one though)

All in all it was a fabulous day.

I counted 31 800's . If anyone saw more then please correct me. It was superb to see so many in such a lovely setting.
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to chat to more of you about your cars. They were all very well turned out.
The Police 800 never missed a beat, covering 300 miles and was ticking over beautifully like a Swiss watch when we got home. I can't believe its got 160000 miles on the clock.

Thanks for the Mats Steeve.
Pictures courtesy of Susies Leica Digilux 1.

Be there next year or be somewhere else.

Huzzah for the 800. Luxury redifined

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pride of Longbridge 2015 (pic heavy)

Post by vito » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Great pics ......
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks Kate, lovely pictures
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

BennyVitesse
Rover Guru

Post by BennyVitesse » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Thanks for taking a pic of my car Kate, no one else did :(
Ben

1996 Rover 111 Knightsbridge SE
2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT
2016 Toyota Yaris Bi-Tone Hybrid
2017 Nissan Leaf 30kW Tekna

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:47 pm

Very nice pics. Must've taken an absolute age to upload.

Love the nightfire tickford. Colour comes out just right, all deep and zingy in the sun like in the brochures.
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:41 pm

Great photos. I love the 1970s stuff (Marina, Allegro, Princess, VDP 1500 etc) although I'm not sure about the Triumph wheels on the blue Princess
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Great turnout, shame all the 800's weren't in the same location.

Well done the chap from Germany, true dedication :D
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:44 am

Great pics, looks like you had a great day. 8)
31 800's on the day must be a record !
Glad you got good weather too. :D

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:58 pm

that night fire tickford pwhooar, nightfire when minted right up is the best colour on any rover they ever made, what i don't understand though on the tickford you have the rover front bumpers and skirts, yet they fitted the zender/twr side mouldings which don't really match, the standard ones colour coded would match perfect.wtf

also the ex tony pond grey fastback, take those mk2 eeeuuukkk rims off, and get some proper mk1 prestige or vittesse 5 spokes. damn mk2 rims.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:21 pm

midnite wrote:that night fire tickford pwhooar, nightfire when minted right up is the best colour on any rover they ever made, what i don't understand though on the tickford you have the rover front bumpers and skirts, yet they fitted the zender/twr side mouldings which don't really match, the standard ones colour coded would match perfect.wtf

also the ex tony pond grey fastback, take those mk2 eeeuuukkk rims off, and get some proper mk1 prestige or vittesse 5 spokes. damn mk2 rims.
The correct 15" dog leg alloys are off for refurbishment and because of perished tyres. The MK2 prestige were only fitted to enable the car to be driven safely to the meet. I do have Vitesse mk2 alloys that I could have used but thought these looked ok. IMO. of course wheels like colours are down to preference.

Im happy with them for now. :)
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Racerm5
Regular Visitor

Post by Racerm5 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:04 am

Great pics...wish I had gone now.....anything else coming up soon

rovering
Regular Visitor

Post by rovering » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Excellent pictures Kate, looks like it was truly an excellent day to be had!
Graeme
2003 Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 ltr Connoisseur
2001 Rover 75 Club SE 2.5 ltr
1995 Rover Sterling 2.7 (SOLD)
1990 Rover Vitesse 2.7 (SOLD)
1988 Rover Sterling 2.5 (SOLD)
1986 Rover SD1 Vanden Plas

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:31 pm

rovercoup wrote:
midnite wrote:that night fire tickford pwhooar, nightfire when minted right up is the best colour on any rover they ever made, what i don't understand though on the tickford you have the rover front bumpers and skirts, yet they fitted the zender/twr side mouldings which don't really match, the standard ones colour coded would match perfect.wtf

The correct 15" dog leg alloys are off for refurbishment and because of perished tyres. The MK2 prestige were only fitted to enable the car to be driven safely to the meet. I do have Vitesse mk2 alloys that I could have used but thought these looked ok. IMO. of course wheels like colours are down to preference.

Im happy with them for now. :)
well done sir. is it really tony ponds old car then.
fleet now includes

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:34 pm

if only that night fire fastback was a saloon, damn near in love with it now.
fleet now includes

aryan57
Regular Visitor

Post by aryan57 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Great picture of the skeleton in the rear seat of a Princess? i loved it! Looks like a good time was had by all. Well done that German visitor.
1992 820SI saloon.