Not quite a meet but sort of

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Manalishi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:39 am

I'm very very envious right now, both on the cars and the "scenery".
This is my porch and front lawn at the moment. Sorry for not attending at the meet... (and for hijacking) :(

Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

MikeMedford
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MikeMedford » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:43 am

Coupe is nearly hidden :lol:

Manalishi
Rover Guru

Post by Manalishi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah, but what you don't know is that 2 days ago I made it almost free as I was planning to charge the battery. :?
Henrik
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Henrik what do you to get about in during this type of weather?
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Manalishi
Rover Guru

Post by Manalishi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:53 pm

They are pretty effective in using snow plows so the roads are pretty free. I drive my Accord 2.4 executive tourer -04 as a daily driver. It has anti spin and all kinds of electronic gizmos, and combined with winter tyres there's no problem really.

http://www.garaget.org/?car=146466&image=1357112
Henrik
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Shaun your Sterling certainly looks very nice with the Bodykit. Looks to have a nice shine.
I remember when it came up for sale in Consett? i was very tempted at the time in buying it myself the price was dirt cheap and even if you were just buying for the bodykit it made good sense. If i recall there may have been a few issues that needed rectifying and therefore didn't make sense for me. I am pleased it went to someone who was going to be able to keep it on the road and put it right.
I do love evrything about it and what you have done is very tasteful
Glyn
Image Image

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Manalishi wrote:Image

:shock: OO thats deep, if it was like that outside my house i'd go back to bed.
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:39 pm

The Professor wrote:Shaun your Sterling certainly looks very nice with the Bodykit. Looks to have a nice shine.
I remember when it came up for sale in Consett? i was very tempted at the time in buying it myself the price was dirt cheap and even if you were just buying for the bodykit it made good sense. If i recall there may have been a few issues that needed rectifying and therefore didn't make sense for me. I am pleased it went to someone who was going to be able to keep it on the road and put it right.
I do love evrything about it and what you have done is very tasteful

Thanks, its way from perfect. It has had a respray at some point and could really do with another :cry:

It is the one from Consett, bit of an impulse buy as I really fancied a mk1 Vitesse. I'd allways liked Chris's Sterling even before he owned it so when I saw this just chucked a bid on and very surprised I won it, £250. Had about 4 months test left on it but sat in the garrage untill late last year. Main problems were brakes, exhaust, sills needed welding, no windscreen wash, most of the lights were broken or cracked and the nice beige interior was covered in grease and oil. The bumpers have taken a lot of work to get reasonable, my paint job is not the best. They also need lining up better. Hopefully before the first meet it might have progressed a bit.
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:29 pm

It's not in bad shape though. You'll always think worse of it as you know every last bit of it.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

rover2.7
Regular Visitor

Post by rover2.7 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:30 pm

its looking stunning!! i think your paint job doesent look to bad i see youve sprayed the arches too looks very nice sounds nice too still! all that car needs to make it perfect is lower it a little and it would be 100% gorgeous!

from the pics i can see of the interior from the outside it looks like youve done a good job on that too! very shiny leather 8)

it gets my rating 11 out of 10
now own a bmw but want a mk 1 sterling!!!!