BMC show 2012 ( Picture heavy)

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BMC show 2012 ( Picture heavy)

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Well another BMC show passes in a thunderstorm of practical classics.
I'm always a bit sad after its finished as its my favourite show . Its nice to meet up with people from the forum and have a chat.
Mal was there with his HUGE trailer tent and Fiona had made some very delicious Backwell tart which was yummy. Also present on the roll of honour was Mike, Ricky,Vard,Dave and Jon.
Rickys Gazebo came in very handy as stair rod rain was in abundance throughout the day. But there were bright spells to have a wander round the auto jumble and look at cars. Some of my favourites are shown below. I make no apologies for the Marina/Allegro bias as I think they are super

Jon decides to come clean

Have you seen his engine bay on his 820Si?

Princess owner ship just proved too much for this old gent

The driver of this car took seven hours to reach the show as he was hampered all the way up

My first car was one of these

And we thought the Fastbacks were cavernous

Why don't we get this kind of turn out (and it can't be an age thing as the 75 club had about 20 cars on their stand)

0 to 60 in August

Now the real class

Love this moggy

This was for sale ....oooooh for a bigger drive

This was on another stand and was owned by the same guy who had the blue Sterling there last year. This was in lovely condition with only 20000 miles on the clock. Navy inerior and duo tone colour scheme.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Not a real police car just badged up to look like one

Not a Rover but I do like these big estates

Everyone say aaaaarh

We passed this on the M11 on the way up. It is actually an ex Navy ambulance and has been restored to a fantastic condition by its owner. It still has all the original stretchers etc in the back

A nice Olympic theme by the Allegro onwers club

An unfortunate number plate if ever there was one..

At the far side of the field was a gold coupe. Are you on this forum?

Heading home under a spectacular sky.

Well despite the rain I thoroughly enjoyed the show. The pol800 ran faultlessly and certainly grabbed some attention for the club.
Thank you for everyone who supplied food,tea brollies,shelter, chairs etc and for Dave and Mike very kindly carrying out some on the spot electrical repairs to the siren.
(Mikes tool box is huge and needs to be seen to be believed :shock: :shock:)

Am already looking at booking the stand for next year and hopefully we will have a better spot nearer the SD1s/75's though apparently the owners had real problems with the rain and getting the plots staked out.

So get the 4th of August in your diaries for next year and lets show the 75 club what a real flagship looks like :wink:

Fantastic effort guys tea and medals all round.

Kate :D

metelmickey
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BMC show 2012 ( Picture heavy)

Post by metelmickey » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:59 pm

good to see you lot at the show, sorry but i didn't take any pics :( but my camera doesn't work under water :D :D , the iced cakes were lovely ( thanks fiona 8) ) and jons was sooooooo clean, even after driving there. hope you made it to work on time Vard :D :D , see you all at the next show 8)
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Well done Kate, and everyone else who turned out. The weather quite literally put a dampener on it your fortitude is admirable.

It would be lovely to have a really good turn out sometime. We did once at Cars in the Park when the stand was crammed and overflowing with cars, but the momentum seems to be missing at the moment.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:22 pm

That will soon change...

Excellent pictures. I'm sorry I couldn't make it (again) this year. I agree with Kate, in the next twelve months let's make sure we have a right royal display of cars at this one next year. This next twelve months will be the period the 800 has its day. I am convinced of that.
One or two 800s...

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Looked a good show
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 am

Weather aside, it was a good show.
It was great to finally meet Kate and see the 827 persuit car in all it's glory. :D, putting some names to more face's and playing "tea room".

The new owner of my old MG Montego Turbo joined us for the weekend with family in tow, so was good to see how the old girl was doing, and that he had sorted a few of her minor issues.

We did'nt get the bunting etc up due to the stand's lack of "boundary markers" but the organisers had suffered enough in the rain and did'nt get chance to mark out the last few stands of which ours was one.

So I have left the bunting, union flag and my 2nd Rover flag with Kate to use on the NEC stand if needed, then to keep with her for future events and meets that I may not get to.

Alex "Wedge" has my other Rover flag for the NEC, which when returned I shall use on the events I get to when Kate is busy with keeping us all safe.

Being placed so close to the jumble meant that most visitors got to see the cars in attendance and the persuit car got lots of attention.
So many people showed interest in the car, I was surprised that the girls had chance to enjoy the other parts of the show, due to giving many tour's of the car and it's equipment.

Due to our need to get Royce home at a reasonable time, Ricky's gazeebo came in handy to shelter those that stayed later, and Kate made sure all where fed and watered when it was time for my little group to leave.

I managed to pick up a NOS exhaust for my Mk 2 Metro Turbo, and Royce managed to help a few notes escape my wallet for toys etc.
Kate and Suzie(spelling?) charmed a near by jumbler into selling them 2 pairs of mirrors for a bargain price. :wink: and Vard managed to secure a replacement spoiler in the correct silver for his new 820, as well as a replacement mirror unit.

I just have to open up our trailer today to let it dry out properly as it was still a little wet when we packed it away, and unload the final bit's and pieces from the landy.

All in all a good show despite the weather.

Next year will be the annual BMC/BL day's 20th year, so extra special effort is needed to help celebrate such a land mark event, and show appreciation for all those who have worked hard behind the scenes for owners and enthusiast's alike who attend year on year.
It was agreed when discussed on sunday, that we really should make an "Enviable Presence" next year to show people just how good the 800 series is and that the cars are still going strong.

So, with Kate ensuring we have a stand booked for next years land mark event, once the NEC is over I believe we should start making plans to "knock their socks off" and show them what 800 ownership is all about.

Thank you to all who attended, and hope to see you again at the next event.
Last edited by MG Mal on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:22 pm

I just want to say a huge "thank you and well done" to everyone who got involved with this. Organisers, fixers and attendees all did the group proud.

I will move heaven and earth to get there next year - especially as it's a bit event.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:31 pm

It would be great to have you and the family there Richard, and of course as many other forum members and owners.

As Kate mentioned at the show, we need to show the 75 owners what a "True Flagship" display can be.

In Addition, below is an exchange between myself and John Simpson (of Practical classics fame) posted on Boston Classic Car Club's Facebook page:
Malcolm Watson Good to catch up with you again John, Glad you enjoyed the bun's, Fiona has promised to make more goodies for next year. The Rover 800 group where very impressed with the display of differing models and makes by the BCCC and would be more than happy to be "neighbours" again at next years 20th BMC/BL Rally.

John Simpson Thanks Malcolm, you should come to our show next year with the '800 Group', fully booked this year, over 500 cars booked in. It's always the 2nd Sunday in August, next year will be our 21st Show, so come and celebrate with us!!
So, we now have an official invite to the Boston Classic car Club's 21st Annual gathering for next year.
It may be a push for some of us to attend both BMC/BL Rally' s 20th and the BCCC's 21st two weekends in a row, but maybe those who are unable to attend one, may be able to attend the other?.

BCCC Web link: http://www.bostonclassiccarclub.co.uk/

Mal.

thamestyres
Rover Guru

Post by thamestyres » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:42 pm

as others have said the weather did dampen it slightly but it was a good event, and i did enjoy myself, as always good to catch up and put names to faces... sorry i did not get any cakes from fiona but i will make up for it next time i visit you and mal :wink: the pursuit car looked extremely tidy, and jon's car well you could have eaten your dinner off that :shock: it was that clean, and i think the fast and the furious (mick and dave not sure which was fast and which was furious) have both done there individual thing with some degree of taste without going over the top, there were a couple of nice touches there on both there vehicles.. and as for mal that tent and landy combo, well put us all to shame, talk about coming prepared, no probs with the weather or soft ground there :wink: regards ricky
Rover Sterling KV6 V.reg 4 tailpipes and rs5 wheels (sold) :shock:
home of the "Mad Maestro"
1935 morris 18/6, having a near end of life rejuvenation, xj6 running gear..

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Great pictures, Katie.

Looks like an event worth visiting again. I haven't been before but will make sure I do my best to come next year.

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Another good rally and good to meet you all again and to put some faces to names.
Shame about the weather so thanks to Mal and Ricky for the shelter.
Heres a few more pics...

Kates latest Car
Daves (Scoobyh123)
Mikes Coupe 8) (Metelmickey)
Rickys (Thamestyres)
Mals Landy (MG Mal)
This SD1 belongs to Mark Elliot, he's a member on here, his car is featured alongside an Aston Martin, Jag, TVR & other V8's with a Vulcan bomber as a backdrop in this months (Aug) Practical Classics, well worth a read. 8)

Jon
Last edited by Jon R on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:30 am

Nice.

I will be back on the show scene next year, doing at least 2. Sorting the wedding this year!!
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Just found this thread (late again, i know! :oops: ) and thought i would add my bit in.

Was about midday when i got there and was followed in by the mother and father of all thunderstorms!
Having nodded off after getting up early then waking just after 9, i realised i had my left my food contribution at home so was very grateful for those that fed this waif and stray! (Thanks Mal/Fiona and Kate/Susie).

My idea of a "near live feed" of photos was quite literally drowned out! It spent about 80% of the time raining sadly so only managed a few shots, i'll try not to duplicate any others already in the thread but here's a selection :

That wee red beastie looks like the result of a breeding programme between an Austin 1300 and a Triumph Dolomite and is known as an Austin Victoria. As far as i know, it is sold in places like Australia and obviously somewhere that drives on the wrong side of the road too as this one is left hand drive.

Some other general pics including one of the weather, just as it was trying to dry out! Jons ultra-clean 820Si is sort of in the pic as well.

Just a suggestion about the rally in general and us as a group - perhaps we should adopt this one as the groups "Flagship" rally of the year as well as attending any others throughout the year?

Going to be booking for next year in the near future and by then hopefully my sleep pattern might be somewhere near human again (instead of like a vampires!) so should be able to turn upon time!

Was great seeing everyone i met last year and the new faces (to me anyway!) this year. A real big effort from everybody possible for next years event should see the spots knocked off the 75 club stand etc!!!
Last edited by scoobyh123 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:45 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:That wee red beastie is the result of a breeding programme between an Austin 1300 and a Triumph Dolomite and is known as an Austin Victoria. As far as i know, it is sold in places like Australia and obviously somewhere that drives on the wrong side of the road too as this one is left hand drive.
The Aussies, Kiwis and Saffers drive on the same side of the road as the UK. However, the LHD versions of these were on sale in places like Spain which is why we get LHD versions. They're nice looking cars and, in my opinion, are better than either the alternatives (ADO16, Toledo etc)

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks for that extra info Rich - i only know a little about them that i managed to remember from ar-online a couple of years back when i was trawling it.
Have to confess i thought it was an Austin Kimberley at first which is a similar idea based on the Wolseley/Austin 1800 but ends up with square headlamps - the owner explained the differences to me but was dragged off by a more persistent inquisitor so i didn't get much more than that.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!