Shantung Gold 825 Sterling in Tewkesbury today

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Shantung Gold 825 Sterling in Tewkesbury today

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:45 pm

I was at the Peugeot dealer getting the first service on one of my cars when in came this. A Sterling 825 registered 1.Aug 1987. The young lady walking to the camera is a real cracker and nothing to do with the car. I was just fortunate to get her in the shot.

It looked a bit tatty and unloved but basically sound. Inside, the passenger seat was reclined and the car was loaded with rubbish, steps ladders, plants and garden tools. It's basically been used as a van.

On the nearside there are marks from where the owner carries his long ladders - they just hang outside the car and bang on the side.

One alloy missing.

It was in for new front tyres.

Sorry this pic will upset you, Mo....

No longer an 800 owner!

rovering
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by rovering » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:18 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
How could they??!!!
2003 Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 ltr Connoisseur
2001 Rover 75 Club SE 2.5 ltr
1995 Rover Sterling 2.7 (SOLD)
1990 Rover Vitesse 2.7 (SOLD)
1988 Rover Sterling 2.5 (SOLD)
1986 Rover SD1 Vanden Plas

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Great spot Brad! Shantung Gold Sterling.

At least its being used.

Lord Sterling

projectxx
Regular Visitor

Post by projectxx » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:33 pm

there's me thinkin' i've got a rare car,then this! :)

http://www.rover800.info/forum/garage.p ... cle&CID=68

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Quite simply, STUNNING. JUST STUNNING.
One or two 800s...

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Bloody cracker :lol:
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto