Insurance

Give your buying feedback here - one thread per company, please.

Moderators: guru, SJG

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Insurance

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:54 am

zcar12 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:53 am
The Danish astronomer Tycho Brae, made a list of days that were more fortunate than others. To this day, Danes often talk about "A Tycho Brae day" , where what could go wrong, actually does go wrong. I sometimes wonder if there actually are some good days and bad days, or it is all just perception. I have noticed that some days are better than others concerning the standard if driving on the road.
I think we call those "Murphys Law" days Nick! :P
Watching as i do some of the "real life" documentaries on the Police (Road Wars, Police Interceptors, Night Cops and similar) i know that certain forces almost literally fear a weekend on which a full moon falls, not just for driving but general trouble in the town/city. It's made worse if it happens to be a Bank Holiday weekend as well.
Superstition, supposition, empirical evidence, anecdotal evidence - call it what you will but things definitely get worse under certain circumstances whether that's alignment of Mercury with Saturn for example or the date adding up to an unfortunate number when added up according to the principle of numerology.

I'd certainly say around xmas time, the standard of driving goes out of the window - people are in too much of a hurry to even think of driving while they're working out where to get Little Johnnys present, Aunt Mauds gift and the Mother-in-Laws new broom(stick).
"It's only a car" will be the response of 99% of those people. NO! It's between 1 and 2 tonnes of killing machine when used irresponsibly and i bet the same people would be totally abhorrent if i suggested wandering in to Sainsburys waving an M16 around (the fire-arm, not the original 820 engine!) spraying rounds of ammo everywhere. Driving badly is the same idea in a different form. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

zcar12
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by zcar12 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:15 pm

"Watching as i do some of the "real life" documentaries on the Police (Road Wars, Police Interceptors, Night Cops and similar) i know that certain forces almost literally fear a weekend on which a full moon falls, not just for driving but general trouble in the town/city. It's made worse if it happens to be a Bank Holiday weekend as well."

That "full moon" comment reminded me of something that I experienced. . I was patrolling a camp park doing security work on a Bank Holiday weekend when a Police car with two cops pulled in. I asked the two cops if they where having a quiet night and was surprised by the response. "No, we are really busy, the Nick is heaving. Full moon see!" and he pointed at the moon which was indeed full that night. So there seems to be a connection that they have noticed. If the moon can affect the tides, then it must also affect the human body, which is 58% water.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Even more poignant, i don't know the exact figure but the brain is mostly water (i have heard varying figures but between 80-90% water seems the most common) so if the moon effects water and the brain is mostly water, all that extra pressure on the brain cell could cause a few problems i would think!

A female friend of mine always has the raging hump on a full moon and it's often made worse when she suffers PMT at the same time! :shock: :evil: :shock: :evil: :shock:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable