Nationwide Autocentres

Give your buying feedback here - one thread per company, please.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nationwide Autocentres

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Long story shortened...

Crap service, idiot manager...

Booked in car for MoT retest and took it in at 10.30 yesterday (appt was 11am). As I was going to be busy, I agreed that they could fit it in when they liked during the day and I'd collect it first thing this morning. They agreed to lock it up in the workshops overnight.

Late last night around midnight, I drove past their place and my immaculate and lovely Coupe was still where I had left it - in the middle of the car park next to Frankie and Benny's. First thing this morning, I rang and left a message for the Manager to call me. Nothing.

I have finally got through and he admitted that the car hasn't even been retested yet. I challenged him about the fact that the car was left outside all night and he apologised. What more could he say or do?

This is the same outfit who gave me a written quote for a new tyre on this car last week but quoted for a 15" tyre (my Coupe has 16" tyres) and forgot to check the air con as per the online booking. They also 'lost' the car and I had to go and find it in the Halfords carpark after it's first test.

Satisfaction out of ten....0

Customer Care........0

Letter to Nationwide Autocentres and to the AA who approve them...priceless. (I write a great letter...)
Last edited by Very Tall Brad on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer an 800 owner!

Richard C
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard C » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:37 pm

I don't think it's that branch either, I have used the Bristol Branch the one at the bottom of the M32, I personally didn't have any issues mainly becuase they didn't have to do anything after my Passat's first MOT other than swap a bulb, but whilst there some guy had been messed about and was giving it large, I wouldn't go within a country mile of the place if it was my own car.

AVOID like the plague.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

John W
Rover Guru

Post by John W » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I believe that Nationwide Auto Centres is now owned by Halfrauds Brad-they are due to be re-labelled "Halfords Auto Centres".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8521404.stm
Kind Regards

John
------------------------------------------

1996 BMW 525IX Touring (4x4)
1979 Porsche 924
1982 Porsche 924
1985 Porsche 944

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Sorry guys but I can't fault the guys at the Huddersfield one.

Mind you my mates the senior tester.

Mal.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Just collected the car.

The manager complainmed that they had to do a full retest as it was more than 10 working days since the original test. Not my fault, I said, as the tenth day was today and I took car in yesterday.

He offered me a discount on the full fee. I offered him £20 and he accepted.

I had the key off him, got the paperwork and then gave him a copy of the letter that I had written to the AA and to Nationwide. He said nothing.

Today I am wearing huge trainers which make me about 6 foot 10. He is about 5 foot 8 but I swear he was boiling up to give me a slapping so I left.
No longer an 800 owner!

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:The manager complained that they had to do a full retest as it was more than 10 working days since the original test. Not my fault, I said, as the tenth day was today and I took car in yesterday.
Now that definitely qualifies him as a plonker.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:42 pm

I'll only use Halfrauds if absolutely neccessary, prices are criminal, and won't go near Nationwide Auto Centres. A while back, one of the Company Directors of Halfords was a convicted criminal, allegedly, according to a VOSA Inspector.
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:30 am

schuwolf wrote:...A while back, one of the Company Directors of Halfords was a convicted criminal, allegedly, according to a VOSA Inspector...
I tried to get a job at Halfrauds not so long back, didnt get the job surprise surprise.

Lord Sterling

thamestyres
Rover Guru

Nationwide Autocentres

Post by thamestyres » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 pm

mo you probably had a close call and were clearly to good for them :lol: my daughter had a bike purchased from there (halfrauds) by her grandmother for christmas, when it went in for a service they didn't do it properly so she went back and complained so they looked at it and said it is fine, she promptly lost it and called them w##kers and was promptly banned from the store, i did tell her off (honestly between laughing fits) explained the error of her ways by swearing, and promptly set up the gears properly for her.. therefore perhaps you need to be a bit of a pleb to work there in most cases :lol: not all though.. regards ricky
Rover Sterling KV6 V.reg 4 tailpipes and rs5 wheels (sold) :shock:
home of the "Mad Maestro"
1935 morris 18/6, having a near end of life rejuvenation, xj6 running gear..