What is this?

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

deano
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What is this?

Post by deano » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:16 pm

sounds like a Pimp to me
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:41 pm

vito wrote:
Eduardo wrote:A PINK Mercedes a form of camouflage? Well pal, not here. Not to mention the big black hat. And the colour of his skin.
Then I am sure he is conspicuous to the Guardia Civil military thugs, and I'm sure they will have his card marked, we had a similar instance near Almeria where a well known 'character of dubious nature' was flagged down at a GC roadblock where they simply told him to wind his window down, shot him through the thigh then dragged him orf to Jail for 'questioning'.

Blimey! If that's how the Guardia Civil behave, just be grateful the Guardia Hostile don't come a-calling! :lol:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by vito » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:17 pm

scoobyh123 wrote: Blimey! If that's how the Guardia Civil behave, just be grateful the Guardia Hostile don't come a-calling! :lol:
saw what ya did there Dave ............... :wink:

:lol:
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 pm

vito wrote:
scoobyh123 wrote: Blimey! If that's how the Guardia Civil behave, just be grateful the Guardia Hostile don't come a-calling! :lol:
saw what ya did there Dave ............... :wink:

:lol:

You like?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Eduardo
Regular Visitor

Post by Eduardo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 am

Well...quite expeditive, not a way to do things....do not know what to say... unless i'm glad they did some 'questioning'.
1999 Rover KV6 Sterling Saloon Nigthfire Red
1996 Rover 825 SDI Saloon BRG
1976 Lincoln Continental Mark IV White Brown
1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible Phoenician Ivory
1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Berlina Black
2008 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Grey

Eduardo
Regular Visitor

Post by Eduardo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:47 am

And as far as i'm concerned The Guardia Civil is correct....i only know them in traffic issues. Last time i 'met' them was in a rutinary control while driving my 800 SDI they caugth me with my license driver caducated and MOT pending. Despite my explanations the guy told me, sir you should understand i have to fine you. And you know what? he was rigth so i went next day to pay the fine and i only had to pay the half part as a prompt payment. 100€. But then they are a nice people to have close when you are in troubles...fire, floods, sinking, accidents and so on.

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:19 am

Eduardo wrote:And as far as i'm concerned The Guardia Civil is correct....i only know them in traffic issues. Last time i 'met' them was in a rutinary control while driving my 800 SDI they caugth me with my license driver caducated and MOT pending. Despite my explanations the guy told me, sir you should understand i have to fine you. And you know what? he was rigth so i went next day to pay the fine and i only had to pay the half part as a prompt payment. 100€. But then they are a nice people to have close when you are in troubles...fire, floods, sinking, accidents and so on.
I'm sure as a native Spaniard you are correct Eduardo and without getting political or interrogating your viewpoint, speaking as an English expat they strike fear to the heart with their aggresive conduct to the English (and also to Swedish and Dutch friends we have), you only have to dare to utter any form of Spanish language dialogue at them at Airport security, passport/border control/roadblock or otherwise, to meet their hard glare and see their trigger finger twitch - Spanish for the Spanish for them even for the fresh new guys who must also be indoctrinated with the old methods, I sincerely hope I have no fire, floods, sinking or accidents.

But to deviate, I am back over next week if there are any suitcasable spares/parts you are requiring for me to maybe post inland for you or even drop in probably October November when I pass through en route to Portugal.

Eduardo
Regular Visitor

Post by Eduardo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:16 am

Well do not know what to say...again. I hope too you don't get involved in any troubles here but, if you do, believe me, trust them! no matter you are Britt or whatever...unless you have dark skin. Just would like to mention one of the times i went to the USA. That was not my first trip and in the line for customs it was a french and an irish after me who were going to the USA for their first time. Watching the behavior of the customs guys they were really affraid and concerned. Even the irish guy was about to cry and he spoke the language!! the french guy spoke little english than me and the three of us were really nervous. Not friendly at all those american officers... but not too different from french gendarmes or italian polizia, never went to UK so i don't know how they 'handle' the situation.

On the other side, thankyou for your offer, as i said, for parts i'm doing well with junkyards here and in UK and also with Rimmer Bros. But i will love to meet you half way between Almeria and Seville and/or when you pass trhough Seville in your way to Portugal, and i will love you stop for a day or two and sightseen the city with you and your wife.

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:17 am

Eduardo wrote:
On the other side, thankyou for your offer, as i said, for parts i'm doing well with junkyards here and in UK and also with Rimmer Bros. But i will love to meet you half way between Almeria and Seville and/or when you pass trhough Seville in your way to Portugal, and i will love you stop for a day or two and sightseen the city with you and your wife.
Thank you for the kind invitation Eduardo.

Eduardo
Regular Visitor

Post by Eduardo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:20 am

You're welcome.