Congatulations Mr President.

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zcar12
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Congatulations Mr President.

Post by zcar12 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:27 pm

So The Donald won the race for President of the good old USA. Maybe at last we can get some change that we can believe in. It has occurred to me that in these crazy times, anything is possible. Since The Donald and Alan Sugar both did the Apprentice, I wonder if we can look forward to Alan Sugar becoming British Prime Minister. What do you think?

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Congatulations Mr President.

Post by traineefarmer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:53 pm

I'll pass on Sugar as PM, but I agree that Trump will be a breath of fresh air for the world. The "establishment" has been rather too cosy for too long.

He was still the slightly less bad one out of two very, very bad candidates though.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Polictics isn't really a good subject for a car Forum but in the interest of freedom of speech I'll say this. Many countries in the world are ruled by sexist, racist, arrogant, tax dodging, power crazy lunatics, but by and large they are insignificant on the world stage if not to their own people.
But when the most powerful country on earth is ruled by a sexist, racist, arrogant, tax dodging(and proud of it) power crazy lunatic then that has to be a bad day. Its even worse when his party hold power in both the house of representatives and the senate, we can only hope some of those republicans grow some balls and keep a rein on this idiot.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

820Vitesse
Regular Visitor

Post by 820Vitesse » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:29 pm

dollysprint wrote:Polictics isn't really a good subject for a car Forum but in the interest of freedom of speech I'll say this. Many countries in the world are ruled by sexist, racist, arrogant, tax dodging, power crazy lunatics, but by and large they are insignificant on the world stage if not to their own people.
But when the most powerful country on earth is ruled by a sexist, racist, arrogant, tax dodging(and proud of it) power crazy lunatic then that has to be a bad day. Its even worse when his party hold power in both the house of representatives and the senate, we can only hope some of those republicans grow some balls and keep a rein on this idiot.

Dave
What do you think of Hillary Clinton?

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:19 pm

820Vitesse wrote:
dollysprint wrote:Politics isn't really a good subject for a car Forum but in the interest of freedom of speech I'll say this. Many countries in the world are ruled by sexist, racist, arrogant, tax dodging, power crazy lunatics, but by and large they are insignificant on the world stage if not to their own people.

Dave
Not a lot to be honest, if this was the best America could do from 320 million people then there is a really strong argument for allowing Presidents to run for 3 terms. Clinton does at least know about the political world , would have been constrained by a Republican House and Senate and less likely to push the button. Stevie Wonder has said, and this is his words, 'Voting Trump to run America is like asking me to drive a car'

Dave

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:55 am

dollysprint wrote:
820Vitesse wrote:
dollysprint wrote:Politics isn't really a good subject for a car Forum but in the interest of freedom of speech I'll say this. Many countries in the world are ruled by sexist, racist, arrogant, tax dodging, power crazy lunatics, but by and large they are insignificant on the world stage if not to their own people.

Dave
Not a lot to be honest, if this was the best America could do from 320 million people then there is a really strong argument for allowing Presidents to run for 3 terms. Clinton does at least know about the political world , would have been constrained by a Republican House and Senate and less likely to push the button. Stevie Wonder has said, and this is his words, 'Voting Trump to run America is like asking me to drive a car'

Dave
Given the standard of driving exhibited by the Americans in my neck of the woods, i thought they had all been to the Stevie Wonder School of Driving! :shock: :lol:

Back to President Elect Trump though, i think he will be a welcome change in America. The way i see it he didn't run for the fancy house, private jet, the money or any of the usual trappings of a president. Also his election campaign was self-funded, unlike Hilarys.

Once the people that didn't vote for Trump get used to the fact he is president, i think they will come round to it and i honestly think he'll do the USA a lot of good. I hope i don't have to eat my words in the future though! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:31 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
dollysprint wrote:
820Vitesse wrote:

Dave
Given the standard of driving exhibited by the Americans in my neck of the woods, i thought they had all been to the Stevie Wonder School of Driving! :shock: :lol:

Back to President Elect Trump though, i think he will be a welcome change in America. The way i see it he didn't run for the fancy house, private jet, the money or any of the usual trappings of a president. Also his election campaign was self-funded, unlike Hilarys.

Once the people that didn't vote for Trump get used to the fact he is president, i think they will come round to it and i honestly think he'll do the USA a lot of good. I hope i don't have to eat my words in the future though! :wink: :D
How do your "neighbours" feel about it?
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:21 pm

I don't know Tom, not seen any to ask! All of the US people (both Forces personnel and families) seem to be keeping a low profile at the moment, not even as many Yank-Tanks on the road as normal for some odd reason. :shock: :?: :?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

zcar12
Regular Visitor

Post by zcar12 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:56 pm

Dave said:

Stevie Wonder has said, and this is his words, 'Voting Trump to run America is like asking me to drive a car'

When I read that I thought about a film where an American bus stops, the door opens and there sits Ray Charles in the drivers seat, complete with sun glasses and a big grin on his face. I winder if the film was tilled " The Blues Brothers". My memory is not so good these days.

Sorry if I offended anyone by posting about a political subject. Dave, you are right again.

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:56 pm

No need for an apology, free country and all that

Dave

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:57 pm

is that the 2nd amendment?
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05