91H 820i f/b auto that was on C+C

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

mjc9967
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 91H 820i f/b auto that was on C+C

Post by mjc9967 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 am

CHR15E wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:08 am
Maybe that's why I never noticed, I was never a MK1C fan personally.
Honestly Chris, I do not think I ever saw it in the flesh on another Mk1 800 that wasn't the one I owned, it was bloody rare, probably because it looked pants in the colour chart in the brochure, and dealers never carried any stock that showed prospective buyers the colour for real.

Even when I bought my one, it was with a heavy heart, there was a zinging BRG car there at the same time with lower miles too... but it was a saloon and I really wanted a fastback.

By the time I was about 1/2 way back to destination after picking it up (London to Preston), seeing the reflection of street lamps in the bonnet, and getting the mirror image of it in service station windows as I progressed north, I began to understand what a great colour it was. But you're right, very easy to believe/think it was never on a Mk1 - I probably would have thought the same had I not owned one :)

God I wish I'd' kept it! :(
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: 91H 820i f/b auto that was on C+C

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:23 am

I think it's a great colour - and if the car is as good as the photos then it's a real gem. I do prefer the look of the mk1 - clean, sharp, neat and the interiors of the lower spec cars have a certain functional charm, without feeling cheap (unlike low spec German cars of that era).
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable