Back again

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Back again

Post by CHR15E » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:41 am

Been a while again so thought I'd say hello.

No Rover purchases but I have bought another Jeep and several Astra Twintops since my last visit.

I'm not up to my record of 800s yet but its definitely got out of control. Hands up who could see that coming? :lol: :lol:

Here's a pic of my Jeeps together. I'm keeping both for the time being. I'm undecided on the blue one but it was cheap so I won't lose on it whelatever I do with it.

A random picture of my drive. The contents have changed but somehow things are still the same.

We've currently got 8 Twintops, 2 Jeeps, Astra Estate, mum's Picanto, caravan and a car trailer at home. So space is at a premium.

Nobody's fault but mine though. 😂

Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

mercedade
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Back again

Post by mercedade » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:02 am

Alright Chris, nice to hear from you.

It's super quiet around here, but that's not that surprising! 800s have definitely turned into one of the rarer cars around.

Mine's been off the road for nearly a year whilst I've worked my way through a couple of soft-top CLKs (a 2.3 supercharged and a 3.2 V6), a diesel spaceship Civic, and currently in a Saab 95 and an R53 Mini Cooper S.

I keep saying this will be the year to get the Vitesse back on the road, but that's going to involve a garage at least.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:34 am

Nice to see you're still around Chris and as you say, nothing has really changed on your drive except the flavour of the contents! :P :lol:

Not much has changed for me either, still have the Volvo 760 "Dogmobile", the Sterling and also a Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE - however the Sterling is likely to be up for sale soon as the monkey that allegedly welded it for the MoT and subsequently passed it only did half a job. Technically i can do it, physically i can't these days so sadly looks like the Sterling will have to go.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Fastback
Rover Guru

Post by Fastback » Tue May 30, 2023 2:47 pm

Man's gotta have a hobby, Chris!

Am I the only one who uses their 800s as daily drivers? Really the Vitesse should come off the road and be worked on (just the engine and gearbox) but as the saying goes, 'out of sight, out of mind!' And we're not talking about an invisible lunatic.

The Sterling will be going in for some welding round the NS rear wheel arch soon and some other bits as it was 'crashed' into, again, on the rear bumper. Deep scratches on the corner as someone manoeuvred out of a parking space. I suspect the welding will open a tin of worms regarding the fuel tank etc, but I'm prepared for that. I also think the rear calipers need some attention, might replace them for the cost. And this is in addition to the exhaust saga...

But deal with these things as they come up, and you'll be all right.
Mark
'99 Sterling KV6 Fastback :D
'96 Vitesse Lux Fastback, rolling resto :?
'96 825 SLi Fastback, just waiting. :|
Previous:- 'J' 820Si Fastback, part Tickford
MG Maestro 2.0i (I loved that car, I did)