A clear out is coming.(pics added)

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A clear out is coming.(pics added)

Post by MG Mal » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:47 pm

(Richard, if you deem this to be in the wrong section, please move to one of your choosing.(other sections did'nt seem quite right for it))

As some of you may know, I have a large collection of parts and cars at a barn in Wetherby (Yorkshire)

Over the next few weeks/ months I will be clearing out the barn.
This will include lots of new and used parts for most models of Metro.(and many other ARG/MGR cars)

I will be keeping my Targa red Mk1 & 1/2 Turbo, but the rest will be up for sale. (My Black Mk2 Turbo is already spoken for.)

My Targa Red Mk2 MG Metro and Silver Y plate Mk1 MG Metro are available as projects to be completed.

Silver Mk1: (I previous owner until November 2011)
http://www.metroownersclub.org/forum/vi ... 31&t=11638
As described in a previous thread on MOC, this needs lots of cosmetic work, and is currently MOT'd until late November this year.
However, the passenger front hydrogas valve snapped, and the suspension is down.
I have a new valve for it, and the means to re set the suspension , but other commitments means I have not had the time to sort it.
According to the 1st owner it had a recon engine at 65k miles and is now showing 105k miles.
Offers over £350 takes it away, and you will have the option to fix it here and pump up the suspension free.
Located at my house in Wiltshire.
(replacement panels in silver for ease of restoration are available at extra cost)

Targa Red Mk2 MG Metro:
This car is showing aproximately 50k miles, but has no history to back it up.
The front end panels were completely replaced for new, and paintwork rectified several years ago before going into storage.
It will likely need at least one door replacing. (spare panels in colour are available).
After coming out of storage it was found to have suffered in the inner wings due to water seapege into the building.
The majority of the work has been done, if not completed (will confirm).
It is on Metric rims, but a set of very good cross spokes can be made available at extra cost.
It has a mint herringbone interior.
Nearest to £400 gets it.
This Metro is at the Barn in Wetherby.

As well as parts, I have a new old stock Last of line Mk2 Shell. This is a high filler 3 door shell, ideal for rebuilding a high spec late model Austin Vp or MG Metro. Serious Offers only!.
This is also at the Barn in Wetherby.

In addition to this Shell, I also have an excellent Mk1 Turbo shell, with has been restored to the highest standards at a great cost. It has also been dipped at spl(?) so is well protected from the usual rust issues we expect from our cars.
Due to roof damage caused at the dipping company, this will either have an "untreated" new roof panel already fitted, or supplied ready to fit.
This is currently residing in Cirencester, and only serious offers will be considered.

As the Black Turbo will be going on the wheels it arrived with(cross-spokes), I will have a straight set of 5 MK1 Turbo alloy wheels for sale fitted with new tyres(165/55/13), complete with centre caps and nut covers. As we all know the centres and nut covers are rarer than the alloys, and due to lack of availability the set will not be cheap, nor will they be split.
Price £350 OVNO

Having replaced the interior on the Black Mk2 for the correct period Marle Decco seats, I also have a pristine MK2 Herringbone Interior for sale.
It is unmarked and would be excellent for any Mid build MG metro restoration.
£100

Thats it for now, my next visit north will be in the next few weeks, were I will take updated pictures of the Targa red Mk2 and the Mk2 Shell.

Transport can be arranged at my convenience for a reasonable fee.

Also.............

I have yet to decide on what to do with my Montego DLX estate, the Black J Plate MG Maestro (partially restored) or the White Montego Turbo I was rebuilding. (originally going to Thomas)

There is also a 1960 Rover 100 to deal with, a "NOS" but rusty Solid roof Maestro Shell, and a 1.3HL Maestro parts car.

I envisage quite a bit being scrapped due to either lack of interest and/ or offers for parts lower than "weigh in" value.

Once the majority of the cars have either been sold, scrapped or moved, There will then be space to lay out the parts and chose which I need to keep.
There will then be a chance for a "Barn Rummage" for all interested over a 4 day weekend (Friday to Monday inclusive).
After that all other parts will be listed as job lots on ebay and other car related sites as well as offered to jumblers and other such traders.

As I had posted this on other forums first due to lack of "800 content", the piece below is due to response's I have had, but adds more detail.
I have had a few mails and text's etc regarding spares.
SO to save peoples time and mobile bills.....

Parts will be availble for a "rummage" once I have cleared the cars.

Cars to go will be:

Mk2 MG Metro for project or spares.
MK1 MG Metro for project or spares.(MOT'd)SOLD SUBJECT TO PAYMENT
94 Montego DLX Estate Spares or repairs (bodily restored early noughties)
NOS Maestro shell (solid roof) has rot as was left outside for 10 years.(likely to be scrapped)SOLD
NOS last of line MK2 Metro Shell in primer(Serious offers only)
Fully restored and dipped MK1 Metro Turbo Shell (serious offers only)
98/9 'T' Rover 820 SI needs metal water pipe and general overhaul(nearly new exhaust fitted)provisionally sold
(H) Maestro 1.3 HL beyond economical repair (to be stripped and scrapped).(IIRC it is a 5 speed. dash/door handles/ and some other parts spoken for)
J plate MG Maestro abandoned restoration project many new parts including rear quarter/sill and arch fitted. (to be stripped and scrapped)
1960 Rover 100 (no docs original 3&3 plate)

Also:
White Montego Turbo. Partially restored with known good engine fitted, original arch's needs inner arch and paint for body. As well as completing.

After these (or the majority of them) have gone, I will sort out all the used spares and set aside the ones I need to keep.
Then I will lay out the new spares and do the same.
After that I will announce a 4 day weekend (friday to Monday) when people can come to the barn in Wetherby and see if there is anything they need/want to buy.

These spare will include, alloy wheels, new and used panels, interiors, sunroof cassettes with good to mint seals and much much more than can be remembered.

Those who have been to the barn before will have an idea as to the ammounts of parts there.

New parts range from BMC to last of line MGR.
Mal.
Last edited by MG Mal on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: A clear out is coming.

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 am

Bloody hell Mal, both those MG Metros are VERY tempting and could get me shot!
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 am

Sorry Richard!, Not my intention to tempt you :lol:

Although I do remember a young memebr of your family getting quite interested in the red one when we did the barn rummage!. :D

I just need to clear out and complete the "cutting of ties" to up north so that I can concentrate on down here.

I have not listed my 827 Coupe', as it is likely that it already has a home to go to.

Mal.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 am

If I had an MG Metro I would be very popular - but we've already taken that 100 and anyway the insurance on the MG would be a bit steep for a learner. Still damned tempting, though. Thinking hard..............
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:41 am

The red one still needs some welding finishing and the ball joints doing (due to some one f***ing them up with a chisel), it's not exactly a restoration job, more a repair and put back together.

The silver one had one owner from new until November last year. I change a ball joint for it's test and set the emmisions. However it had the usual advisory of "corrosion to the under side" which my local tester always puts even if it's surface!.

Mal.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:57 am

Are the wheels on the silver one metric or imperial? It's a long time since. Sold my mk1 but I seem to recall them being imperial at that age.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:01 pm

That silver one looks great. Must resist; Rich - please buy it! :D
One or two 800s...

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm going to have to discuss this with the Domestic Ops department

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Mk1's wheels are 12" standard spec pepperpots.
They do need refurbing as will the paintwork on the car as it currently resembles crazy paving due to a previous (before me) "blow over" reacted)

Mal.

funkkydrummer
Regular Visitor

Post by funkkydrummer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 pm

You mention a 60's Rover 100............

...............something you would be willing to part with?
2006(56) Yamaha FJR1300A
2011(11) BMW X3 20d X-Drive (F25)
2012(61) Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi

Previous:
1990 (H) Rover 827Si Fastback
1999 (T) Rover 820Si Saloon

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:45 pm

yes.

taken as part payment for a debt. no docs, very solid, did run, original 3&3 reg. 99% complete.
been off the road at least 7 years, possibly more.

funkkydrummer
Regular Visitor

Post by funkkydrummer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Very soild as in body work or very solid as in chassis?

Has it run at all over the last 7 years?

I'm on the look out for a tasty P4 or P5 at the moment. I was either hoping for a 105R, 105S, 110 (in order of preference) but a 100 wouldn't be totally out of the question!

Have you got any pics?
2006(56) Yamaha FJR1300A

Previous:

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm

I had it running aprox 18 months ago. all the chassis looks good especially the rear section which usualy go's.
B pillers base's have been repaired in the past, engine is sound, front door hinges need attention.

I'm not a P4 guru, but have been advised after a viewing by a member of the P4 drivers guild that it is a worth while investment.
Interior is complete but dry and cracking in places.

I will take some pics when next up in a week or so.
It's tucked away in a corner so pic options will be limited.

Mal.

funkkydrummer
Regular Visitor

Post by funkkydrummer » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 am

Sounds alright. Some pics would be much appreciated!
2006(56) Yamaha FJR1300A

Previous:

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:08 pm

Mal - could you give me an idea of what spare panels you have for the mk1 and how much. Also, when you say that the mk2 has inner wing damage, would that be front inner wings (I assume so)?

Edit: Also, how much would you want for the imperial cross-spoke wheels for the mk2?