Love driving my Rover

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Professor
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Love driving my Rover

Post by The Professor » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 am

On Wednesday i drove down to Leicestershire to view a car.
A 312 mile round trip which cost me £55 in petrol. Despite the fact it came to nothing i don't care I really enjoyed the day out. I do love driving my Rover its such a delight. It just glides effortlesley along the road eating up the miles without effort. Its a lovely cruiser. Setting the cruise control at a steady 68 i got a return of 35 MPG. I think thats brilliant for a 2.7 and i normally only get on average aroound 33-34 so i was very pleased. I don't get much better from my Montego Turbo. I still think they are such a lovely clean design which still looks sleek and crisp and far nicer to look at than most modern cars which almost dwarf it nowadays. When parked up I do feel proud whenever i am walking back to my car the design still looks so smart and so different from anything else. It certainly stands out from the crowd.
Glyn
Image Image

tesrover5
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Love driving my Rover

Post by tesrover5 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:10 pm

It always nice to do long trip in a car you like,wish i had cruise control.Some of the new cars now are getting beter with performance & economy, but from 2002-2010 i think they were all the same basically.Hard to beat the old cars & designs.I generally get about 30 MPG,47-50 miles on 10 pound.Getting less & less nowadays though.
Rover 820 Racing green Vitesse (R)

oldbugger
Regular Visitor

Re: Love driving my Rover

Post by oldbugger » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:37 pm

It's good to have a car you love driving!

I'm the same with my 1994 Peugeot 405 1.9TD.

I just love driving that old girl on long journeys and seeing the fuel needle stay in the same place for miles and miles before it moves ever so slowly.
My Vehicles; 1994 Peugeot 405 GLXd, 1999 Rover 820i, 1993 Rover 820SLi & 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria.

Mrs Old Bugger's Vehicles; 1991 Rover 827SLi & 1996 Ford Mondeo Ghia-X V6