Stephens New Austin Montego Vanden Plas

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen G
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Stephens New Austin Montego Vanden Plas

Post by Stephen G » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Thought it was time to announce something. I am again the owner of a Montego (knew it wouldnt be long). I have kept it a secret until now ( For those who knew thanks for keeping it quiet). This is my own first Austin Montego, and hopefully wont be the last.

From what i know this is one of those extra special Montego's as i dont know of any other the same model as mine that have survived. Steve Smiths B411JGY when it was on its original engine was the last known to the club. Guessed what it is yet?

Yes i am now the Proud owner of an 1985 C Austin Montego 2.0 Vanden Plas with a Carb Engine in the lovely shade of Moonraker Blue, With a Prussion Blue interior and lovely ice blue seats, much the same as Steve Worsleys C805DHX Vanden Plas Maestro.

Been over the car and its very solid. Theres some surface rust to deal with. and a hole on the nearside rear floor that il need to get welded up :( Only welding it will need so far in its 24 years of life. Engine is perfect! As it should be with only 23k on the clock. I have fitted 2 original Wheel trims with the chrome lip, got another on the way, but il still be 1 short. So if anyone has any please get in touch. Would like a few more as spares if possible. Also the pipes leading to the heater matrix have leaked so need to get that fixed too. Anyone help me here?

Thats pretty much it. Will be seeing the bodyshop soon for some decrusting and some paint.

Will get some more pics taken soon, heres what i have so far.

http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l330 ... n/C396CWL/
Stephen Golder

Current
2003 03 MG ZS 180 Saloon
2004 04 MG ZT-T 190
2004 54 MG ZS 115+ Saloon

The Professor
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by The Professor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:15 pm

Nice Stephen, particulalry the interior.
Glyn
Image Image

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Thats fantastic Stephen, a great buy by the looks of it, I really do like Montegos and would love to try one, one day.

Lord Sterling

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Had one a few years back. Much more room that a Cavalier, and more stylish, not a 'jelly mould, shape. Hell of a bastard to get into 1st gear at times. But nice car all round. And, 'fail safe' engine should the cam belt go, as happened to me.
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto