Brad's current project Rover Metro 1.1S 1991H

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brad's current project Rover Metro 1.1S 1991H

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:15 pm

Hmmm...great car but a bit bent. This has done hardly any miles from new (I can't recall exactly how many but just a few thousand). It's 100% original and rust free. I just had to have it.

My shopping list has included new lights, indicators, plates, wheel trims and tyres, bumpers and I still need that tailgate...

No longer an 800 owner!

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:44 am

Very nice, do you plan to straighten out the dent? And what do plan to do with the old wheel trims? Cant wait to see it when its had the Brad's touch to it...

-------

On a seperate note, you seem to like cars with low miles, I saw this on ebay, but I'm not sure it has 12 miles only to the clock since new, but that what it says in the ad.....

Bidding has ended though:

Lord Sterling

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:12 am

Lord Sterling wrote:Very nice, do you plan to straighten out the dent? And what do plan to do with the old wheel trims? Cant wait to see it when its had the Brad's touch to it...
Yes, I have had a go at pulling it out to release the tailgate latch which meant the hatch was stuck shut. I need some pro help here. Then I can fit the new parts.

The wheel trims aren't too bad and so I'll keep them in my spares.
No longer an 800 owner!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Brad Wrote:
and I still need that tailgate...
I have a couple of NOS R/Metro - R100 tailgates lying around Brad.

Fancy visiting Wetherby some time?, thats were the barn is.

Mal.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks for the offer. It's a long way for a tailgate. I'll see what I can source locally first. I am grateful for the offer, though. Thank you
No longer an 800 owner!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Depending on when the Metro boys next come up Brad, I may be able to get it a little further south for you?.

A couple of the guys come up from Shropshire, and the midlands, so may be able to 'send one on'.

(Although I hope to be visiting kidderminster at the w/end, but not sure if thats any good).

Mal.