NEC CLASSIC MOTORSHOW 2014

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Alex SBY
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NEC CLASSIC MOTORSHOW 2014

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 pm

I've just been advised that for the third year running, we've been selected for a stand at the NEC show in November. We must have been doing something right!

I know no more details at the moment, and the size of stand and where it is to be is still to be advised. All I do know is that we're in! In the meantime if you wish for your car to be put forward for display, please get in touch. I can't guarantee anything as like I say we've no idea on stand size as yet, however anyone interested shouldn't hesitate in contacting me. If you're unsure what's involved please see other threads here and in the show photos section.

Watch this space for further news!

Alex.
Last edited by Alex SBY on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One or two 800s...

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: NEC CLASSIC MOTORSHOW 2014

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Good news
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SJG » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Well done Alex
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Stevo needs to be there with that beautiful Nightfire fastback, I for one have been invited to attend on the Rover National RSR stand so gives a good opportunity to some other of the beauties we've been introduced to recently on the forum, a rotation of vehicles keeps it fresh........
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 pm

I've had a few people put themselves/their cars forward already via the Facebook group too. As I say above, feel free to get in touch and offer your car if you can spare it for the entire weekend (and remember it has to stay in the NEC all weekend so it'll mean alternative transport home/staying over).

As with other years, all exhibitors will also need to help with stand set-up and holding the fort over the weekend, speaking to people, so for newbies to it all, it's not just a case of park your car and forget it... There's work to be done! :)

Ultimately it all depends on how much space we have as to what we end up with, which I don't know as of yet. Right now, what I need is expressions of interest and we'll go from there...
One or two 800s...

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:55 am

Firstly, apologies for the lack of being around on here of late. Real life being what it is has meant I've been somewhat busy.

However, I do bring news re the NEC. We've been allocated a stand in Hall 17 which is 11m x 7m in size, and it's open on two sides (in a cluster of four club stands in total).

Mercifully, we're not near the main stage this year and (quite fortunately) we're close to all the autojumble stands.

I now need to work out how many cars we can accommodate -thanks to everyone who has been in touch so far with offers. Once I work things out I will be in touch.

Alex.
One or two 800s...

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks to all who have got in touch re the stand. I'm currently very busy at the moment but am working in the background on getting this sorted. In the meantime, the NEC organisers have advised that there's been a change to our allocated stand dimensions so that we now are looking at having 6.5 m x 12 m = 78 sqm stand size.

I'll be in touch in the next few weeks once I've finally worked out how many cars we can comfortably get on stand.
One or two 800s...

Austin-Rover
Regular Visitor

Post by Austin-Rover » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Noticed there were no Fastbacks on the stand last year, so I'd like to offer my early F Reg 820Se as being available for the 2014 show, even though it sounds like you're already inundated with offers.

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:32 am

Do you have any news or updates about this Alex?
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:30 am

Dear all,

Sorry I've been rather on the quiet front regarding this, and my apologies to those who messaged me offering cars for display if I have not replied - I did receive quite a few messages and I have been very busy organising this, and life in the real world has also been somewhat frantic of late.

The stand is all sorted and booked, and on giving this consideration, we didn't have sufficient space for four vehicles, so we're going with three.

We're going for a Mk1 theme this year (given how popular these cars certainly seem to be becoming in the classic car world it makes sense). On the stand will be JonR's 820Si, Kate (TDHFastback)'s 827 Police Car Fastback, and my 820SE. Many thanks to Kate and Jon who will be bringing display items. James C-T will also be providing visual displays and ICT support for the stand.

Hopefully next year we will be allocated a bigger stand, and we can give some more attention to the Mk2. I'm wanting next year to be Mk2 based, primarily because the year after (2016 - a long way off I know) will be the 30th anniversary of the 800.

I'll pop another thread up which provides information on how to get a discounted ticket rate, and I hope to see some of you over the show weekend.

Again, my apologies to those who I did not manage to get in touch with, but please be assured that if next year we get a larger stand, the offer of your car will be most welcome.

There's a lot of work that goes into organising these stands, and whilst I'd love to be able to cater for the entire range/styles of cars it's hard to get a balance between what's available and the constraints we are given.

Alex.
One or two 800s...