NEC CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 15th, 16th & 17th November 2013

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NEC CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 15th, 16th & 17th November 2013

Post by Nuts4my827 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:04 pm

WOW!! Fingers crossed. :)
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

Jon R
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jon R » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Great stuff Alex. :D

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Sorry about the delay in further updates on this; I've had some fairly significant IT failure (with a subsequent failure of a backup machine so am resorting to posting this week from a phone). I'll be providing a comprehensive update very soon with details of exhibitors etc.

Before I post here I will PM everyone who contacted me. I'll say it now, I can't sadly accommodate everyone but if you aren't selected don't worry! Backups are always needed and there will always be next year!

Stay tuned folks. Assuming I don't manage to bust the new computer that's on it's way...
One or two 800s...

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Sadly, Ruby is not in showroom condition, in fact she's a bit scabby here and there. Hopefully though, I will be doing some rectification work and all being well I could be interested next year. I too may pop along for a looksee. At least she'll be in the car park this year.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Look forward to seeing you there Gordon. And a Tickford would be brilliant for next year...!
One or two 800s...

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Fingers crossed. All hopeful! The 2.7 Coupé is 'almost' there....... I'm gettnig fussy!!!

The Vitty Coupé is looking good, as good or better than last year. And has been round Europe on holiday since last year
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Well, better late than never... I've now got a working computer again and have been in the middle of doing NEC paperwork and sorting the stand plans out.

I had an excellent response to my request for people to offer their cars, and thank you to everyone who put themselves forward. I'd love to say yes to everyone, but to keep the stand looking fresh and not having too many cars that were there last year, have had to make tough decisions. Hell I sound like a crap politician, I'll leave that nonsense to Conference Season on the TV and shut up...

Anyway, the cars which will be on-stand this year are as follows:

Simon H's gold Coupé
Kate's (TDHFastback) 825 Mk2 Fastback
Gary's (Vito) Charleston Green Coupé
Jon R's stunning Red 820Si
My blue 820SE.

I've PMd everyone who contacted me to let them know the decision - I hope you've managed to read the PMs before this post...

Those who sadly couldn't be accommodated this time I'm genuinely sorry - you're all on "reserve" in case of any issues with the main lineup. Whilst we've got a large stand this year I'm very keen to allow a large circulation area for visitors to actually see the cars. Last year we had four cars in quite a relatively tight space. This year we'll have five vehicles spread well apart, allowing for displays, a seating area for exhibitors and ultimately (hopefully) a more professional and spectator oriented stand.

It really isn't long now...
One or two 800s...

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 pm

HELP!!

A plea, chaps.

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond their control one exhibitor has had to withdraw from displaying their car at the NEC Classic car show next month. A few of my "reserves" with cars that are neither coupes or Mk1 Saloons (we've got two of them so any more is overkill) now can't do it so I'm right royally stuck here.

Has anyone got a car they can provide that can be "out of action" from 14th to 17th November? The car needs to be in very good condition.

I'd ideally like a Mk2 Saloon/Fastback as I've got two Mk1s, two Coupes and I need one more car to add variety.

HELP! This is potentially a nightmare!
One or two 800s...

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Hope alls ok with Kate, haven't heard from her for a while although I know she was away on a Euro bike tour of late.

Has thought been given to the signs, sails etc for the stand which I assume could now be a problem.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Sadly Kate who has got in touch with me is unable to make the show due to work commitments. I'm in communication about the stand equipment etc.

Fortuately I have had two people express interest in showing their car, so I think we might well have the problem solved. I'll keep you all posted!
One or two 800s...

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Alex - Although my G-reg Sterling has blown its engine, its still in fairly presentable nick. If push comes to shove and you lose more exhibitors I can get it transported from where its stored to the NEC and back again, a mate of mine who lives in the next street has a flatbed truck.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Thank you Mo, that's very good of you to offer.
One or two 800s...

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Well we got a fifth car lined up, and we're pretty much in the final stages before the show. All passes and information have been sent out to exhibitors and is in the post.

All the exhibition displays are sorted and I've passed most of the equipment over to fellow forum member and friend Ed who will be helping us out throughout the weekend.

Guess I should start on my car now...
One or two 800s...

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Alex.

Sorry, I've not been in touch recently but after our European bike trip work has been really manic and on top of that the big storm 2 weeks ago took out our power/telephone lines. The powers back on but BT still hasn't fixed the line so no computer. In the end our neighbour worked his magic on it and now we are back on line but I don't know how. Its not pliugged in or anything :shock:

Hope the show goes okay.
I'm so sorry I can't make it and feel like I've let you down. :(

This job is really good at b******g up your social life at times. I'd better get a guilty conviction or I'll be even more hacked off.

Look forward to seeing the pictures and have a lovely time

God Bless

Kate :D

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks Kate, not a problem and never mind! Always next year.

Well we're one day away from setup. No going back now!
One or two 800s...