NEC CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 15th, 16th & 17th November 2013

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Alex SBY
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NEC CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 15th, 16th & 17th November 2013

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 pm

It is with the greatest of pleasure that I can announce that once again we've got a stand for the NEC in November.

I've literally just been advised of this from the show organisers.

More details soon once I've studied the information and the size of stand we've been offered, but I'll be trying to get arrangements made well in advance this year.

The main thing is. We're IN!
Last edited by Alex SBY on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One or two 800s...

Alex SBY
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NEC CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 15th, 16th & 17th November 2013

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:33 pm

The stand space we've been offered is a fantastic "island" stand, open on all four sides. It's 7m by 14m in size. We're right in front of the "Wheeler Dealer" stage, which last year attracted many many people. I think this year's going to be a brilliant show.

Needless to say I'll be needing cars - it's all about the cars and you guys. If you have an 800 in show condition please get in touch with me by PM. :)
One or two 800s...

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Great news Alex!
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:51 am

We also need to think about some way of financing this - at least partially. Last year the bills were paid by Alex, the other exhibitors and myself and although the actual stand is free, the other elements such as electricity and public liability insurance cost us over £200. Don't get me wrong, it was worth it for the publicity, but we do need now to work out some more reliable way of going about it.

"Proper" clubs will have a show budget, creamed off from the membership fees, for example.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:46 am

How about introducing a "Donation" button to the forum Richard?.

Many forums have this facility for volountary contributions towards the running cost's of the forum to be made by willing members.
Not mandatory, but there if you wish to help out.
Funds go into a PayPal account and can then be accessed by the forum bill payers.

We could possibly do the same to cover cost's of PLI in regards to shows such as the NEC and BMC/BL rally?.

Alex: I take it you and Kate still have the flags?, I also have some brochures and technical video's here if you want to use them?

Mal.

mercedade
Rover Guru

Post by mercedade » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 am

I think the donation button is the most viable option.

I've never had a car in show condition in my life (and am unlikely ever to!) so I won't be a part of the show set-up, but I think a presence at the NEC is a brilliant opportunity and I'd be very happy to contribute a few £ towards reimbursing the people who pay out of their own pockets to make cars like mine a little more desirable to the wider, watching world.

I've met very few of you in real life (five, I think, at the last count) and yet I trust this forum (and its administrators) implicitly. Weirdly, I cannot explain why this is the case, but I have no qualms about hitting a PayPal donate button and assuming it will be spent wisely and appropriately.

Fantastic work Alex, Rich and everyone else.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:24 pm

i dont and never will have a paypal account ( dont ask, long and annoying story ) but if you send me an address and name i will gladly send a cheque/donation. :)
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:22 pm

Just back from Newcastle and saw this.

Thats fantastic news Alex.

I won't ask if you want any of my cars as we were there last year on the stand and it is only fair someone else has a chance.
Might pop up anyway and have a look around the show.

Well done for all your hard work organising this again. It really does raise the profile of the club.

Kate :D

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Case you don't see the other thread Alex. Would this be good for the NEC?

It can be stood inside as it has a flat metal base and is 4m high

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:52 am

That is first class!! Outstanding work, Kate and definitely spot on for the NEC! Thank you! :D

Oh whilst we're on the subject could you please do us a favour - can you email me a high resolution version of the club logo? I'm going to re-work all of the video/presentations for each car this year and I'd love to get that image at it's highest quality!
One or two 800s...

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:13 pm

I'll see what I can dig out Alex

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:36 am

Thanks to everyone who has PMd me putting themselves and their car forward for this years stand.

I'm hoping to make the final judgement on stand layout (and therefore the total number of vehicles we can accommodate) this weekend, and will be in touch with everyone via PM next week. Unfortunately I won't be able to fit on all the cars I have been offered, but I'm really pleased with the interest that's been shown so far!

Please keep an eye on your PMs from next Monday onwards... Then once everyone knows I will announce the lineup in due course.
One or two 800s...

TheOldMan
Regular Visitor

Post by TheOldMan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:54 am

Where's the Donate Button? Have I missed it?
Dusan's Dad - it's MY Rover son!
And it's my 40 too, or what's left of it.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:37 pm

We haven't put it in place yet - watch this space!
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:31 am

BREAKING NEWS!

I have just been contacted by the NEC who have said they have to re draw the hall layout. This has resulted in us being offered a LARGER stand.

I have of course accepted but it means I need to rethink things a bit. Therefore we have more space for cars. To everyone who has put their car forward I'll re review things and let everyone know next week once I've re drawn things over the weekend.

This is brilliant news!
One or two 800s...