Drive It Day/Rover SD1's 40th & Rover 800's 30th at Cowley

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drive It Day/Rover SD1's 40th & Rover 800's 30th at Cowley

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Wow what great pics! Wish i was there. Maybe next time.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

Tanya
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tanya » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:04 pm

The ultimate accessory for my grandad. He'd be bowled over by that.

This Bullnose belongs to a friend of mine. I borrowed it when I took Cowley built cars into a shopping centre a mile from the Plant. The shopping centre was built for Cowley workers 50 years ago and during the week when I'm sat there (I go the second week of August each year) many former Cowley workers come and visit me and regale their stories of working at Cowley. I also get the odd small groups of feral kids. An unaccompanied nine year old asked to sit in the Bullnose, so I said yes. He then pick up the pipe, showed it to me and genuinely asked if it was for weed! Just for once I was lost for words!

Thanks for cutting the cake Kate, for coming along and taking great photos :)

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for taking these photos of William with 543. The problem with running an event is that you never get to do things like putting cars together with similar registrations so it's lovely to see these two together :)

Thanks for coming along and for the photos - I love seeing them. I do take photos but they are 'run, point and shoot' style as I have very limited time.

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Marc-827-Vitesse wrote:Wow what great pics! Wish i was there. Maybe next time.
I missed you and your Vitesse Marc. We had a great day and your Vitesse would have looked amazing, however it's a bit far to come back having just been over for the Pride of Longbridge :)

Can you make the BMC & Leyland Show om 3rd July? It would be lovely if you could.

Details here - https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/ev ... yland-show. I'm running a convoy from Cowley and Alan Webb-Moore is running one from Longbridge. Both are free of charge to join and you can enter here - http://cowleyconvoy.info/#/attend-a-convoy/4564571391

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Thank you so much to everyone who came along and I'm sorry that some of you had problems so couldn't make it. We had a lovely day and I was really pleased with the turn out of 800. It would be great to try and get 30 together for the BMC & Leyland Show at Gaydon :)

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Tanya wrote:
Marc-827-Vitesse wrote:Wow what great pics! Wish i was there. Maybe next time.
I missed you and your Vitesse Marc. We had a great day and your Vitesse would have looked amazing, however it's a bit far to come back having just been over for the Pride of Longbridge :)

Can you make the BMC & Leyland Show om 3rd July? It would be lovely if you could.

Details here - https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/ev ... yland-show. I'm running a convoy from Cowley and Alan Webb-Moore is running one from Longbridge. Both are free of charge to join and you can enter here - http://cowleyconvoy.info/#/attend-a-convoy/4564571391
Hi Tanya,

Can't wait to come over to England again! I will do my best to come over for the 3rd of juli but can't promise yet. :? Is it a convoy or a set up like above? :) I will have a look for hotels and the ship and get back to you. Thanks for the invitation!
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.