Cowley Drive it Day

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cowley Drive it Day

Post by dollysprint » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 pm

After talking about the 800 book at the AGM, I emailed James Taylor yesterday and he's going to come to Cowley for Drive It Day on Sunday 23rd April from about 10.30am until 12.30pm. He's happy to sign copies of his book if people bring them along, and I'm sure that he might bring along a few to sell, and maybe some of his other books too.
I gave him a bit of feedback about the book and he has asked me to make a list of the inaccuracies so that he can correct them for the next edition, I'll start a thread on the Facebook Group and the forum asking for people to let me know the inaccuracies so that I can pass that on at Drive It Day. I did let him know that on the whole people felt that the book was good.
Here are the details for Drive It Day at Cowley - Drive It Day 2017 at Cowley
Sun 10:00 · MINI Plant Oxford, Cowley OX4 6NL.

This is a free gathering, being the home of 800 it would be nice to see a large gathering of cars and owners.

Dave

PS Inviting James Taylor is Tanya's work as is the actual day, when I posted it up it looked like it was my work, just making sure credit goes where it is due.
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

Tanya
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cowley Drive it Day - change of venue

Post by Tanya » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 am

Due to planned industrial action on Sunday 23rd April at MINI Plant Oxford, I have decided to move the Drive It Day event from Cowley to the Oxford Bus & Morris Motors Museum which is about half an hour away from Cowley - http://www.oxfordbusmuseum.org.uk/

James Taylor has very kindly agreed to move with us so will be signing copies of his books between 10.30am and 12.30pm. James has also let me know that he won't be bringing any copies of his books with him to sell on the day, so please buy your books beforehand if you would like them signed.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this causes and hope to see some of you on 23rd at the Oxford Bus & Morris Motors Museum.

I can be contacted on 07929 868284 and tanyafield@supanet.com.

If you have any questions, please shout!

Tanya

Re: Cowley Drive it Day - Facebook link

Post by Tanya » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:54 am

For those on Facebook, here's the link to the event - https://www.facebook.com/events/1906603469585085/

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Re: Cowley Drive it Day

Post by dollysprint » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:58 pm

Just a reminder to everyone attending Cowley Drive it day tomorrow that it is not at Cowley but as per the thread above.
If you are going then I'll see you there.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate