Cornwall meet take 2! June 2010! friday 4th - 6th

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:47 pm

*is struggling with the Photobucket mobile uploader*

Also, update your sig, Rich. :P
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:49 pm

rich1988 wrote:also got a bbq on the go, jumbo snausages, lamb and mint steaks and waffles
It's a hard life. :lol:
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

rich1988
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by rich1988 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:33 pm

it was after i ate a bit of raw sausage and ended up with stomach ache! :P just arrived back home now, we took a bit of a detour via a pub (seems to be a bit of a running theme!) I think Vard has drink the whole cornwall area dry aided by my brother.

was really nice to see Job and his wife again as well as charles and his wife and two new faces in the shape of Rob and cecile, great to meet you two! maybe next time we can all get to know each other a bit better and shame we didnt get to see the e type but next time eh ;)
mention must go to Rich clements for his sheer dedication! he came down on saturday morning with his three kids, managed to keep them under control (mostly :P ) and then did the nearly 4 hour trip back to stroud on the saturday, and to our suprise (and in vards case shock) came back down all the way on sunday morning! nice to meet you rich.

all in all a good weekend, weather wasnt as good as last weekend but rain held off and there was a fair amount of sun (I managed not to get burnt which is a bonus)
1995 woodcote green vitesse fastback, a modified (only perfomance mods!) 1998 nissan 200sx s14a, 2000 1.7 astra van (HELL YEA)

rich1988
Rover Guru

Post by rich1988 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:35 pm

also I have probably missed out things so apologies, I had half a bottle of rum last night and a face burningly hot pizza combined with 4 hours sleep and have just done 4 and a half back after a day out so Im a little bit tired :D Vard will be along shortly with pictures, and I have one or two which I will put up in a bit
1995 woodcote green vitesse fastback, a modified (only perfomance mods!) 1998 nissan 200sx s14a, 2000 1.7 astra van (HELL YEA)

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:05 pm

:lol:

I'm sorry folks. I failed to get a photo of Rich's face when he realised the pizza was so damn hot. It was absolutely priceless.

It went something like this -

First slice - NOM.
Second slice - NOM.
Rich = "Hey, this pizza isn't too bad, actually. It's really not that hot."
Third slice, one bite, swallows.
Rich = "Y'know I don't think they can claim this pizza is quite so - "

*Rich's mouth drops open, he stops, mid sentence, and little squawking, gasping noises begin to issue forth, as Rich sits there with utter horror dawning across his face*

Rich = "Hoooohhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuurrrrrr, Oh f**k, Jesus Wept, Oh God!"

I'm sorting through my photos at the moment, will be uploading in a sec, probably once I've had some food.

I didn't figure out how to use the Photobucket mobile uploader in the end, you may have gathered... It was saying something about sending an MMS to this e-mail address, and I just gave up.
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

The Flying Dutchman
Rover Guru

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:45 am

Well, we're back. E-Type collected last Thursday and now running fine. New alternator and exhaust manifold gaskets make a world of difference. :wink:

Pictures will be a bit later since my powermac has given up the ghost when I tried to power it up yesterday evening.
Job.

'73 P5B Sal.
'94 220 Coupe
'96 220 Coupe
'95 827 Coupe
'97 820Si
'99 600SDi Classic
'69 Herald 12/50

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:13 am

Glad you arrived home OK, good news on the E Type. 8)
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia