Pride of Longbridge 16/04/2011

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:12 pm

We wouldn't care mate. My brother took his 820 last year which was hardly spotless.

More the merrier as always.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Roverguest
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Roverguest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:54 am

I know it's really in advance, but it be possible to try and get the Met Police 800 for the 2012 event. There is usually a Met police Metro. Would be good to get them together. :)

Hi, watch out for threads on the LONDON SE & ESSEX meets. Every 3rd Sunday of the month! :)

Captain Slow
Regular Visitor

Post by Captain Slow » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Roverguest wrote:I know it's really short notice, but it be possible to try and get the Met Police 800 for this year's event. There is usually a Met police Metro. Would be good to get them together. :)

There, that's what you WANTED to say :P
Sam Skelton
1977 Triumph Stag
1992 SAAB 9000CSE 2.3T
1993 Citroen Xantia 1.9D LX
1993 Citroen XM TCT SEi auto
1994 Peugeot 306 1.8XT auto
1996 Jaguar XJR auto
1996 Citroen Xantia Activa
1999 Rover 820Si

TDHFastback

possibility

Post by TDHFastback » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Re the Police 800. I could ask and see what they say.
The DS who runs the historic fleet has not ruled out events outside the MPD for vehicles but any bookings in London take priority. I know this becuase I have asked for it for the BMC show in August.

Kate :D

rich1988
Rover Guru

Post by rich1988 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:00 pm

whats the rules on running cars with a police livery? that metro for example
1995 woodcote green vitesse fastback, a modified (only perfomance mods!) 1998 nissan 200sx s14a, 2000 1.7 astra van (HELL YEA)

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:18 pm

From memory, they can be driven on the road, but you have to cover up the words POLICE etc., and cover up all the blue light unit stuff.
One or two 800s...

Roverguest
Regular Visitor

Post by Roverguest » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:12 am

Yes, when he arrived he had large sticker magnets covering all the logos and writing. When the real fuzz turned up, they posed with it for a couple minutes which i thought was a nice touch.
Hi, watch out for threads on the LONDON SE & ESSEX meets. Every 3rd Sunday of the month! :)

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm

The words can be shown but no Force badging. I agree with the cover over the lights but what would happen if the covers were blue ?
My white 800 would suit a couple of roof bars with blue foam wrapped round as per many Astra vans.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

xDGTx

Post by xDGTx » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:14 am

Really going to try and get to this one.
Some of the MG lads are convoying (if thats a word) from the merseyside area so I'm hoping to tag along with them. But it is going to be a push as the car still needs the front bumper doing and an MOT....but heres hoping!!!
Dave (girls name) Taylor
1998 820 Vitesse Coupe in Charcoal.

xDGTx

Post by xDGTx » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 am

Crome wrote:a few of us from scotland are meeting a few burm RT members on the fri night for a wee mini meet if anyone here is interested?

Also, the ticky will not be making it, been far too busy working over the past few weeks, good weather means im back on long hours! :(

crome
Maybe next time I can convoy with you as I am in the process of moving up to your neck of the wood. Kilwinning.
Dave (girls name) Taylor
1998 820 Vitesse Coupe in Charcoal.

TDHFastback

Blue lights

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 am

The logos covered up thats no problem. The blue lights are a bit trickier.

Road vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 say it is an offence for any vehicle except emergancy vehicles to fit a blue warning beacon wether working or not OR a special warning lamp or device resembling such.

Sorry but thats a no go for your blue foam roof bars.

The grey area could be is the Metro still an emergancy vehicle?
It was but is no longer as it is no longer used by emergancy personnel and has had its status revoked.

The job 827 coming to Bromley is still on the Mets fleet with a log book etc which is why I'm allowed to drive it but I'm not sure what loophole decomissioned Police vehicle owners use to run there vehicles on the road.

Nor do I worry about as I think its good people keep these vehicles in their original livery. Well done to them.

A lot of it comes down to the intention to decieve. That Metro going to a show is different to an unmarked vehicle with a blue lamp plonked on the roof driving down the hard shoulder.

Kate :D

Roverguest
Regular Visitor

Post by Roverguest » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 am

When at Bromley one year there was a T5 Volvo ex police car, I'm sure this just had like grey fabric bags/ cover over the lights.