Mal's Barn Clearance.

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mal's Barn Clearance.

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Howdo all,

For those who are not aware I rent a barn Nr Wetherby for all my cars and parts.

I having a "Clearance sale" on the 29th. but wil be there from the 23rd (Lunch time) to start sorting things out.

Obviously I wont be giving stuff away, but will certainly be giving a discount on bulk LOL.
Were going to strip and possibly scrap Fiona's old Black Maestro efi, scrap a Maestro 1.3LX at the back, and A "New" Maestro shell, as its not worth repairing.(left out side by the previous owner for too long)
Shelving and racking will also be up for grabs if I can get it cleared and boxed up. (Full and half depth pallet racking)

Couple of project cars up there will be up for sale soon too.
94 L 2.0 DLX Montego estate thats waiting for it's rebuilt head fitting.
90 G 2.0 Montego Base in slate grey.
Possibly for sale an F plate Gun metal grey Montego Turbo (running) with spares included.
Possibly breaking a 88 MG Metro with a mint Marle decco interior and great 1275 engine.

There is all sorts of parts up there mostly NOS including panel work and a pile of various ARG wheels.

Those who have been before will be able to give you an idea of what its like. ;)

Those who deffinately want to come up pm me for post code and contact details.

Mal.
Last edited by MG Mal on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:49 pm

This could get expensive.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Want me to bring the rover sports back up Chris?

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:01 pm

No mate, I'm not in need of them now. Did we talk about them for the limo? That's been gone a year now. :shock: :lol:
Chris

threelitre
Regular Visitor

Post by threelitre » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Mal,

any chance you find a set of centre caps for the original Rover sports in your barn? (the ones without badge on them)

A shame it's a bit of a trek for me - and too expensive too ;)

Alexander
More cars then sense.... :)

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:21 pm

If there are any Alex, I'm sure Chris will point them out to me.

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:24 pm

I'll do my best though they're very very rare here.
Chris

threelitre
Regular Visitor

Post by threelitre » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:08 am

CHR15E wrote:I'll do my best though they're very very rare here.
Guess what they are like here in Germany :wink: ?

Thanks in advance,
Alexander
More cars then sense.... :)

820TickyTubby
Regular Visitor

Post by 820TickyTubby » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

I may be up for another look you also have a pm regarding a couple of car's which may be a help! Mind I need to find more storage as Mine seem to be Breeding Again Dam Things!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Ok peeps,

I will be heading North at 6am tomorow.

no more Pms please.

I will see those who are going when they get there.

Those that have my no. feel free to call me while I'm up there for directions.

Mal.

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Have fun guys. Spotted this thread a bit late to really consider going up.
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:50 pm

I would have loved to have gone up, but no money and limited use of car again means a no show from me :( Would have loved to have added a few more proper mats/badges etc.. to my collection :oops:

Have fun anyway guys and bring us back some pictures of various random cold-looking blokes shuffling around look at cars! :lol:

Lord Sterling

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Met Mal at Birch services due to me being unable to make the barn :(

I got the sills from him, thoroughly top bloke who helped a damsel in distress change a wheel on her Laguna. Funnily enough, as I got the spare wheel from her boot, I noticed a somewhat familiar sight, a pool of water in the wheel well. More than I'd ever seen in an 800 though.

We chatted for over an hour.

I must say that the quality of the sills is impressive.

Cheers Mal. Nice to have met you. Hopefully I'll get to the barn someday or perhaps get to the new one (when it's built).
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Good to meet you Gordon.

I must admit, she did have her own paddling pool in there. :shock:

Good to meet up with other members again, although the attendance by members of other forums I frequent was dismal, especially as I had answered numerous texts and calls from them claiming they were either coming, or on there way.

The Black Auto Coupe' is now with Brad, and he seemed very happy with it.(even his other half liked it. :shock: ) mine is'nt ever that understanding when another car appears LOL.

Hopefully Brad will have the K plate ready for BMC/BL day. would be great to see it on the road again.

RickT: as I did'nt see you, I left your pair of sills at the barn, for when we can arrange a time suitable for my pal to let you in to collect.

But at least there in the same region now.

Mal.