Parts Rummage at "The barn"

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Parts Rummage at "The barn"

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:27 am

As some of you know, I rent a barn in near Wetherby (north Yorks) where I currently store most of my fleet and more parts than I care to count. (read thousands)

As I now live in Wiltshire, getting up to the barn on a regular basis to sort stuff out for moving is difficult at best.

So, I was wondering (knowing how tight things are for everyone these days) if people would be interested in a "Parts Rummage"?

Most of the parts are as yet "unidentified" but range from early BMC up to and including MG Rover.

There are also a few project /long term stored cars that need to go.

Im looking to clear a lot of stuff out, so plenty of chance for a bargain (just ask Chris)

If there is sufficient interest, please let me know what dates would be best for you?

I would think a weekend date would suit most.

The barns facilities are pretty basic, so a "call at the services" before arrival is advisable.

Mal.

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 am

As ever, let me know what's going on, Mal, I'd love to tag along again.

:)
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

RobBBoi
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by RobBBoi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Count me in then. I can do pretty much any weekend with enough notice.
220 GSiT, minty fresh. Tickford Turbo, bitten off more than I can chew?!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Trying to see if I can get together a "Multi forum" jaunt to the barn.

More then welcome to catch a ride in the Landy Chris.

I need to make a big effort up there, so for the "willing" there will be a good chance of serious bargains if they can identify what they find LOL.

have slowly been making space up there, so I can get the parts spread out more for inspection.

Mal.

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm up for a run out. It would have to be a Sunday for me though.

I think I'm free for the next few weeks, 7th and 14th of August out spoken for though.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Dajazar
Rover Guru

Post by Dajazar » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Yeah, why not. Count me in too-I quite fancy a run out. :D
Tracy
Love my cars
Rover 827 Sterling SOLD
Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 For Sale
Honda CRV 2.0

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 pm

I'd be up for this - would there be room in the Landy for a third?! :)
One or two 800s...

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Once we have set a date, I'm sure we can arange something Alex.

I will probably work it around a Sat/Sun that suits most people, then travel up early doors and book a travel lodghe or something for saturday night.

If your up for a "stop over" with the likes of me and Vard then we'll work it out once we have a date suitable.

mal.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:17 pm

That sounds brilliant - thanks Mal! :D
One or two 800s...

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:31 pm

It would likely mean that you and Vard will have to stay at my place on the Friday night.

Then up and out by 4am latest :shock:.

That way we could reach my mates cafe near wakefield for around 9.30 for a full english, then up to the barn for 11am ish.

Drag cars out, use the old flt to lay everything out for the "possible" saturday peeps to rummage in the afternoon.

Shut up the barn as it gets dark, then off to the hotel for a well deserved shower (believe me it will be well deserved), then a take away and a few beers etc.

Up early again sunday Morning (6ish) to get back to the barn and start all over again. :lol:

I just have to see how many people want to go to make sure its worth while.

Its about time I sold on all but the most needed stock, so that I can get my garage built and get the cars I'm keeping down here.

Mal.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Sounds like a plan! :D

I'd have to avoid the first half of September though, as I have a Montego to take to Romania about that time...
One or two 800s...

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm up for that.

If there really is such potential for bargains, I might take the Legacy up and fill the back of it with odds and sods - dibs on that sole as-new GTi Roversport! :P

Only dates I can't do are the weekend of 23rd-24th July, 6th-7th August.

I think that's it.
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 pm

That Rover Sport is here Chris. :wink:

Was planning on listing it tomorow, but I might do you a deal on it :D

Its looking more and more like 3rd /4th week of september at the moment.

Although depending on current situation, I may get a chance to pop up earlier to prepare the place a little.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I should also add that I am pretty tied up all weekends until after the 6th/7th August.

This is a daft question, but what cars you got "available" Mal?
One or two 800s...

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Below is a list of what I can remember I have at the barn.

New Old Stock but rusty Maestro Shell
New Old Stock Mint Late Mk2 Metro Shell (high fuel filler )
L plate Montego DLX Estate with rebuilt head ready to fit.
L Plate 827 Coupe Black, manual , rare.
MG Metro Part restored, needs minimal welding to complete body repairs.
2x Montego turbo's, one rare colour and complete running (needs usual) one solid needs engine bay rebuild completeing (engine in)
1960 Rover 100 solid, docs lost , original 3& 3 plate.
Possibly 25k miles 85B Metro turbo (Mk2)
Black J plate Maestro efi, most body repairs done (need finishing) but will then need bolt on panels etc (in bits)

1.3 LX H Plate Maestro (breaking)

Thats off the top of my head.