New forum development feedback thread

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SJG » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 pm

guru wrote:Probably the only phone I don't have access too! My brother had a symbian powered phone but it broke so he dumped it and bought an Android.

Sadly it doesn't look like taptalk is available for symbian so you might have to go through the styles until you find one that suits.
I had a good play around on the beta site using my phone and tried some of the different skins. It works well, so really looking forward to the upgrade. What its taptalk? I saw it appear when I was looking at another forum sure but I did not know what out meant, this was on my n8, stop perhaps it might work?
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:20 am

This should explain most things Simon.

http://www.tapatalk.com/
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:02 pm

From what I can see it looks good, can't test anything though as my login doesn't work :lol:

Edit: Also had a quick browse with my Nokia N8 and iPhone 3G and the site scales quite well on both with the standard browsers.

guru
Site Admin

Post by guru » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 pm

MikeMedford wrote:From what I can see it looks good, can't test anything though as my login doesn't work :lol:

Edit: Also had a quick browse with my Nokia N8 and iPhone 3G and the site scales quite well on both with the standard browsers.
My bad, I reset a few passwords in testing, I'll pm yours now :wink:
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Cheers, have looked through the various skins now and I personally like the se_sprites the most, however that skin and a few others (sub silver and serenity were ok) have an annoying habit of oversizing the posters info (where the avatar is) when viewed on fullscreen.

There should be a line of code in the skin somewhere which disables that section from resizing altogether, so it remains at avatar size permanently, I've had todo this with a forum skin before but for the life of me can't remember where that parameter is :lol: