Rimmer Brothers Open Day

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
melliott
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rimmer Brothers Open Day

Post by melliott » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:40 pm

The Rover SD1 Club would like to invite you to our open day

RIMMER BROTHERS OPEN DAY 20th May 2012
The Rover SD1 Club are again going to have a day out at Rimmer Brothers in Lincoln.

Rimmer Bros., Triumph House, Sleaford Road, Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln. LN4 2NA.

The staff at Rimmer Brothers will welcome us with tea and coffee and a buffet lunch, organised tours around the warehouse to see the vast amount of spares for the SD1 and other classic and modern british cars and how they dispatch orders.

Rimmer Brothers will be offering a DISCOUNT on counter sales on the day

10 am till 3 pm
Please contact Mark Elliott
tel. 0845 1 306230
email mmell@btinternet.com
Mark
Rover 3500 SD1
Rover 3500S
Rover P4 95
Looking for a 827 Coupe Sterling

dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rimmer Brothers Open Day

Post by dollysprint » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks for the invite, if I still lived in Lincolnshire I would be going to this.
If any body is going perhaps a chat with one of the brothers would be our best chance of sourcing fuel filler pipes, early expansion tanks or anything else proving difficult to get hold of. They have more clout with and knowledge of original equipment suppliers than just about anybody else.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

OrangeManDan
Regular Visitor

Post by OrangeManDan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Sounds look a good day. Definitely will try to come to this. Will be in the R100 though. Is it for the SD1 owners only or would i be able to post on another forum?
Daniel Davies

1994 (M Reg) Rover Metro L, 1.1L 8V Carburettor, Nightfire Red - March 2010 - Current Project
1996 (N Reg) Rover 114 SLI, 1.4L 8V SPI, Chawton White - February 2012 - Current Project

melliott

Post by melliott » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm

The SD1 Club have an open day at Rimmer Brothers every year, this year we would like to invite other Rover Clubs to enjoy the day.

Any Rover, it's owner and any passengers are welcome
Mark
Rover 3500 SD1
Rover 3500S
Rover P4 95
Looking for a 827 Coupe Sterling

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Bit late, but here's some pics of the event, had a really good day courtesy of Mark of the SD1 club and Rimmer Bros.
The club members made us welcome and Rimmers laid on hot & cold drinks and a buffet lunch.
Also had a tour of their stores and vast stock of parts.
Got myself some 800 bits inc a new (old stock) header tank (they still have some in stock).
Look out for Marks SD1featured in August Practical Classics.(No pic here)

LHD, visitor from Luxembourg
Converted to pick up truck and runs on "British Gas"
Brians pride and joy for the last 23 years !
Some cut away Land Rovers
My new tank :-)

Jon R

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Looking at that picture, I can see a failure waiting to happen.The later ones seem to crack around the cap.

Rimmers aren't really good for Mk1 800 stuff as they list the "early 800's" as '91 to '96 Mk2. Unless they don't list Mk1 parts on their website and require a phone enquiry.

Also, I can't believe the multi coloured SD1 hasn't been killed with fire yet.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

gibbzy2k1
Rover Guru

Post by gibbzy2k1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:01 am

Jon R wrote: Image

Jon R
I could probably do with one of those too. lol I got 3 with stress fractures in... I really fancy a day out to that. Have to keep my eyes open next year as that looked like a good day.
"Hey, let's be careful out there"

Callen
1994 Rover 820 Vitesse Sport *RIP
2005 MG ZS+ 115
1997 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe
1998 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 am

The Volvo one (detailed elsewhere) is worth looking at.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:01 pm

BlueRover wrote:Looking at that picture, I can see a failure waiting to happen.The later ones seem to crack around the cap.
I bought a second hand tank last year, but I noticed it has stress cracks appearing, although it is holding water ok.
I thought a new tank would be cheaper in the long run,than keep buying used ones that are coming to the end of thier lives anyway.
I'll fit it and see how it goes, the car does'nt do much over 1000 miles between mot's so its got the benefit.
I hope it lasts as it was'nt exactly cheap. Perhaps keep the spare in the boot. :roll:
BlueRover wrote:Also, I can't believe the multi coloured SD1 hasn't been killed with fire yet.
I hope not for Brian, he's spent some time on that car.
gibbzy2k1 wrote:I could probably do with one of those too. lol I got 3 with stress fractures in... I really fancy a day out to that. Have to keep my eyes open next year as that looked like a good day.
You missed a good day, although a bit cold.
The SD1 club lads are very friendly and told me, we would all (800's) be welcome at thier events.
Ask me how my tank is doing next year. :|
Richard Moss wrote:The Volvo one (detailed elsewhere) is worth looking at.
I did think about that, but then saw these at Rimmers, my original had done 22 years, I thought if the new one was good for another 22 years I'd be on a winner.
Time will tell !

Thanks for your replies
Jon R

Tenesmus
Rover Guru

Post by Tenesmus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:23 pm

That SD1 deserves to burn for the terrible grammar.
Pete
Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Auto 2.5 and a 1998 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm. 827 has moved on...

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting them up.
That Allegro looks nice in the background. £1995. Are Rimmer Bros selling it?

Kate :D

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Tenesmus wrote:That SD1 deserves to burn for the terrible grammar.
He's happy with it, (not burning that is). :D

Jon

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:34 pm

TDHFastback wrote:That Allegro looks nice in the background. £1995. Are Rimmer Bros selling it?
Hi Kate,
looks like it,
The notice in the wndscreen is a bit out of focus
but the mileage looks like 4?,000 ish
1 owner
Long mot

Give them a call, it could be yours :-)

Jon