MG Rover meet 23rd Sept @ 1300 BE THERE!

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Roverguest
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MG Rover meet 23rd Sept @ 1300 BE THERE!

Post by Roverguest » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:16 am

THE 28TH SOUTH EAST MEET

SUNDAY 23/09/12 - 12:00pm-5pm AT THE HALFWAY HOUSE - BRENTWOOD

September is always a big meet and with that we get to see a good variation of cars and some rare ones too

http://www.mjsautoandmarine.co.uk
SPONSORED BY MJS AUTO AND MARINE.CLICK THIS LINK

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around two years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet,there have been some changes of venue along the way,but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend,it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area,serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use.

The 28TH SOUTH EAST MEET
SUNDAY 23RD Sept 2012
Arrive for 12:00
At the Halfway house,Brentwood.

The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127
as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and
slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The Directions and Post Codes listed below will get you there.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden
Wheelchair Access
Disabled Toilet
Baby Changing Facility
Outdoor Children's Play Area
Car Parking 100+ spaces
Debit & Credit Cards accepted
Great Hot Food
Selection of Beers, Wines and Spirits

See you there!

Let's make this the biggest yet! Get some 800s there! :lol: :lol:
Hi, watch out for threads on the LONDON SE & ESSEX meets. Every 3rd Sunday of the month! :)

Roverguest
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MG Rover meet 23rd Sept @ 1300 BE THERE!

Post by Roverguest » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

A local dealer is bringing an MG6 down to the meet. I'm sure he'll let people test drive in the local area if you ask nicely... :)
Hi, watch out for threads on the LONDON SE & ESSEX meets. Every 3rd Sunday of the month! :)

thamestyres
Rover Guru

Post by thamestyres » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:18 pm

i might come in the maestro, just in case that rover 100/metro is about again :lol: regards ricky
Rover Sterling KV6 V.reg 4 tailpipes and rs5 wheels (sold) :shock:
home of the "Mad Maestro"
1935 morris 18/6, having a near end of life rejuvenation, xj6 running gear..

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 pm

I am going to try and get hear.
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

Roverguest
Regular Visitor

Post by Roverguest » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Anyone else guys.

Make a trip of it! It's a good use of a Sunday afternoon, great cars, good chat, laughs....

haha, That Metro has a 160 VVC engine in now, with Kent Cams.... ;)

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Might be able to make it with an 800 or two.

Kate :D

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Will the cop car be one of them?
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
2 rover 75's

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:21 pm

I hope so Simon

Roverguest
Regular Visitor

Post by Roverguest » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Wow, the Police car would be epic, if you could Kate get maybe any other Rover heritage Police car [SD1 The Liver Run?!] that would be great.

We are expecting about 30 cars so this should be epic! :D

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Any one still going?
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
2 rover 75's

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:55 am

Hoping to be there Simon.

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:49 am

Hopefully see you there :)
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
2 rover 75's

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Well another wet car show. It always seems to rain whenever I've been to show this year (is that the norm or is it just me.)
Still there was a good turn out despite the downpour.

The local MG dealer brought this along for people to have a look at. He said they are not selling that well with only 7 sold in the last 18 months though they are expecting great things from the new diesel coming out next year.

Always liked the wedgewood blue on the 75

This lovely little MGF only cost the owner £600 then a further £800 when the headgasket went. Not just 800s then.

Roverguests metro (sorry I didn't say hello but wasn't sure what you looked like)

An odd colour scheme for a 75

Saw Ricky there with his Sterling.

Not sure where you went, when I went for something to eat,so didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Nice to see you again Ricky

This nice Coupe turned up. Apparently the owner is an occasional visitor to the forum.

Got speaking to Alan the organiser who was there with his BRM. He told me a little bit about the history behind them. Apparently they were £18000 when new :shock:
with only 797 made.When they didn't sell that well they were reduced to £14000 and some people got them for as little as £12000. Dealers were even painting the orange intake at the front silver as they thought that is why they weren't selling. They have manage to track down and buy no1 and are going to restore it. It was being used as a shopping car in Bristol. Check out that interior

But for me the star oof the show had to be this

The young chap called Dan bought it from the estate of the original owner who had sadly passed away. It was lovely and original with BL anti key scratch pads round the locks and the original mudflaps. The first owner had fitted a sunroof and a little electric motor so the arial went up when the ignition was switched on. There was no rust anywhere and the interior was immaculate. A real time warp car.

A wet day with some nice cars.

Photos courtesy of Charlie. Who I hope is okay after falling over.

Andy800coupe

Post by Andy800coupe » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Was a wet day but a very good turnout considering the weather, Kate was nice to meet you :)
Previous MG/Rovers
88 Red MG Metro 1300
88 Grey MG Metro Turbo
94 Diamond White Metro GTi (1800 Conversion) MetroPower Car
97 Nightfire Red 200 Coupe
94 British Racing Green 800 Vitesse (Fastback)
95 Nightfire Red 620 Ti

Roverguest
Regular Visitor

Post by Roverguest » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks to all the people that turned up even in the rain! Was a good meet! Hope you all will come back and spread the word about us! :D

BTW, the green metro belongs to my mate, the silver one is mine. :)

More photos of the meet can be found at our Facebook page which is constantly updated!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MG-Rover ... 2532238888 :lol: