NEC - good luck and thank you

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Richard Moss
Site Owner

NEC - good luck and thank you

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 pm

On behalf of the group I would like to thank everyone who has been involved with the preparations for the Classic Car show at the NEC this coming weekend. It's a big step for our Rover 800 group and should be great publicity for this under rated car.

My thanks go to all the exhibitors and especially to Alex who has masterminded the whole event. I know that the exhibitors will be out of pocket due to the costs of getting there and expenses incurred during the show so if we are going to display there in the future then we will need to look at some way of funding the event - maybe even forming into a formally constituted club (but that's a separate topic of conversation).

For now I just want to say "good luck, thank you and enjoy the show"
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NEC - good luck and thank you

Post by dollysprint » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Seconded, due to my partners illness I wont be able to make it but a big thank you to all concerned for a "sterling" effort.
PHOTOS would be much appreciated Alex and well done.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Just to reiterate the previous messages, thank you and look forward to seeing some pictures
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Thank you Rich, and everyone else! I'm very grateful to all the exhibitors (Kate, Phil and John), JonR for making stand equipment and to my mate Rhyds who has donated a lot of old ICT equipment and time (setting it up), as well as Benny Vitesse who is to help us set up tomorrow.

I'll do as many updates as I can over the weekend. Setup day tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to making this happen now!
One or two 800s...

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 pm

NEC: SORTED.

First pictures (please forgive the quality as these are taken on my ageing iPhone and the lighting on setup day at the NEC is comparable to a coal mine...)

Tomorrow it's press day and the first day of the show. Better pictures to follow.

Thanks to all the exhibitors, and special thanks to Benny for taking time out to help us today.

For now, it's now time to hit the hotel bar for a well deserved pint or six... :mrgreen:
One or two 800s...

BennyVitesse
Rover Guru

Post by BennyVitesse » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 pm

No problem at all Alex, thoroughly enjoyed the day and it was good to meet Kate, Susie, Jon and Phil. I'll be back Sunday hopefully with my new car :)
Ben

1996 Rover 111 Knightsbridge SE
2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT
2016 Toyota Yaris Bi-Tone Hybrid
2017 Nissan Leaf 30kW Tekna

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks Ben, and also to Rhyds.

How about a team photo at some point? Owners with their vehicles etc - plus any helpers of course.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:45 am

That looks bloody good, fair play to all involved you have done a cracking job
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:00 pm

It was great to catch up with Phil and John again and to meet Kate, Alex and Ricky who came onto the stand (Thamestyres). We will upload pictures later.

You did a fantastic job there, a real credit to the group. Thank you.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Thank you Simon! :)

I'm just back home now, after a brilliant weekend. Utterly knackared but have such a massive buzz right now. Thank you again to everyone who visited - was good to see Simon and Ricky today! Thanks also to the exhibitors, special thanks to Kate for the cake and provisions :D, and I cannot let the work of my friends Benny and Ed (both of whom spent a lot of time manning the stand with us and helping in the breakdown of the stand tonight).

I'll do a full review when I'm less tired, and I know the others took a lot of photos.

This was, from what I could see a massive success. Thank you for everyone involved in making it just so good. I make no exaggeration when I say it was simply the best NEC yet, and I've been visiting/exhibiting here on and off for the last ten years.

Suffice it to say, I'm going to apply for 2013 tomorrow!
One or two 800s...

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

Huge thanks and massive pat on the back to everyone. You've done us proud.

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:24 am

A massive thankyou, and a pre-emptive welcome to our new members we procured whilst there.

Also,I have made a MASSIVE contact for Coupé parts. If they are for general sale, we will see ;)

Suffice to say 'wings and screens' to tempt people.
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 am

Well done to all involved!

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Thank you everyone - it's very high praise indeed coming from you all. It was a lot of work getting there, but seeing the stand take shape, the positive feedback relating to the cars, club and stand as a whole made it so worthwhile. I'm very grateful to have been part of it and to have organised it for us. :)

Hot on the heels of the event I've emailed the organisers of the show on behalf of us all to thank them for allowing us to be part of it, and have without further ado submitted our application for next year's show. Here's hoping that we can be there next year!
One or two 800s...

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Well done to all.
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's