NEC 2014 Classic Car show (Pic Heavy)

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NEC 2014 Classic Car show (Pic Heavy)

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:05 pm

Well another successful show under the 800 clubs belt.

The stand this year organised by Alex was in a far better location, next to the autojumble and alongside other Rover stands.
This led to a much higher footfall on the stand and without the noise from the stage meant conversation could be had with those interested in the 800 marque.

Some of us stayed at the Paragon Hotel on the outskirts of Birmingham and enjoyed the nightlife each evening in the city centre. The hotel was a maginficent structure built in beautiful red brick in 1903. Unfortunatly inside was a different story and was a little tired in places. Still as a cheap place to stay each night it was fine.
Anyway I will let the pictures tell the story.

After a dry drive up (thankfully) on the Thursady we set about preparing the stand

Alex's 820 is stunning the pictures not doing it justice

Alex deploys the latest cutting edge technology from the 800 club arsenal in the battle to win over hearts and minds to the brand.

James was an absolute trooper in bring up all the technology needed and with Jons wonderful disply plinths provided an interesting display for all to see.
"All ahead full Mr Checkov" "Aye Aye captain". James and Alex pilot the 800 Enterprise. (Check out those green computers. Opion was divided over the weekend as to the correct BL colour code)

Lining up the badges on the wheel trim.

We had this opposite us which also brought people to the area. It is the only one in existance and is based on a P6. But styled by Zagato (not sure if I spelt that right)

A typical room at the Paragon hotel

Friday and getting ready for the onslaught

How Rover started

This is the SD1 that took part in the famous liver run.

My first car. I sold mine for £500. Apparently a really good one like this can fetch up to £6000 !!!!!

Cutting edge Scimiters galore.

This is an ex Police car

*WARNING*
The next few pictures are of an erotic nature and not to be viewed by anyone with a love of fine cars who have too much money and not enough will power

Normal service resumed

This was fantastic..... more like an aircraft than a motorbike for those bikers on the forum.

As used in Dianas funeral cortege.

And we think the 2.7 is complicated !!!!!!

Jensan Interceptor in the For Sale section. POA

Our banner stood out really well

"BRITISH ARCHITECT"

Sunday tired but still going strong.

Finally its all over and the stand is quickly broken down. Steve (Rovercoupe) turned up on the Sunday and helped pack everything away which was much appreciated.
Vans coming in to clear away equipment were coming in covered in rain which does not boad well when your car looks like this

Though not as good as the BMC autojumble there were still bits and pieces to be had.

I got home last night at 9.45pm absolutely shattered. My throat was really scratchy with all the talking and my feet puttin.
Due to it being so busy we didn't get much of a chance to have a look round. I was determined to see the Allegros and Marinas which I did but missed so much. Hopefully other members will post up more pictures.

It was a fantastic weekend. Medals and honours have to go to ....

Alex for organising the stand and his beautiful blue Se.

James for all his technical support and equipment. He travelled alot of miles to help on the stand each day and is just a thoroughly nice chap. Lovely to meet you James.

Jon for his woodworking skills, eye catching car and stalwart service on the stand each day.

Ed for manning the stand every day and driving us from the hotel to the NEC in Laguna luxury.

Benny for patrolling the stand perimeter and to Bennys cabs for the lifts in his splendid 214 Rover. Loving that walnut Burr.

Honoury mention to Sam Skelton for giving me my first SAAB experience and his lovely chocolate cake.

Huzzah for the 800 club. Long may the flagship sail.

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: NEC 2014 Classic Car show (Pic Heavy)

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Great work everyone.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Great pictures. You all look like you had a great time.
No longer an 800 owner!

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Thanks for the pictures Kate
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Terrific pics Kate, brings back memories, glad you have experienced both the pleasures and the pain of NEC and the Paragon .......... :lol:
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:08 am

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Next time i will do my very best to come over to the UK :D
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

vectrolosys

Post by vectrolosys » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 am

Hi All,

Kate, was lovely to meet you also :), thoroughly enjoyed the whole event. All the IT equipment has been put into storage for next time :). I may try and find some more VDUs to spray!

I have a selection of pictures from the show, that I will upload into a seperate thread, once I get back, later. For the vintage IT fanatics, the laptop Alex was holding, is an early 90s Amstrad ALT386SX , I forget the clock speed, but, it does run MS-DOS 5.0 and Windows 3.1 :).

James

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:30 pm

TDHFastback wrote:
It was a fantastic weekend. Medals and honours have to go to ....

Alex for organising the stand and his beautiful blue Se.

James for all his technical support and equipment. He travelled alot of miles to help on the stand each day and is just a thoroughly nice chap. Lovely to meet you James.

Jon for his woodworking skills, eye catching car and stalwart service on the stand each day.

Ed for manning the stand every day and driving us from the hotel to the NEC in Laguna luxury.

Benny for patrolling the stand perimeter and to Bennys cabs for the lifts in his splendid 214 Rover. Loving that walnut Burr.

Honoury mention to Sam Skelton for giving me my first SAAB experience and his lovely chocolate cake.

Huzzah for the 800 club. Long may the flagship sail.

Kate :D

Thanks to you too Kate for supplying the "Rover 800. info" Polo shirts.
They gave the finishing touch and a professional image.

vectrolosys

Post by vectrolosys » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 pm

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/xj40own ... 2014/story

A link to some of the photos I took during the show.

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:51 pm

vectrolosys wrote:http://s60.photobucket.com/user/xj40own ... 2014/story

Thanks, great pictures
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

vectrolosys

Post by vectrolosys » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Simon Hubbard wrote:
vectrolosys wrote:http://s60.photobucket.com/user/xj40own ... 2014/story

Thanks, great pictures
No problems at all, they are a bit 'Ford Capri heavy', but, I love the Capri :). I found that early Sunday Morning, just after opening, was the best time to get around, I noted Sundays seem to start later. Fridays are quiet, Saturdays are absolutely rammed, and Thursdays are not quite there.

It was a genuine pleasure to see that the 'off road 800' (The Range Rover P38A) was celebrating its 20th anniversary, and, was given pride of place on the LR owners club stand. The pre production, Epsom Green press demonstrator, was gorgeous.

This year was very much a good year for 1980s and early 90s 'neo classics'.

Other highlights (for me) was the Renault Owners Club stand (as usual), the Fiat owners club, which had an ultra rare Croma Turbo, and the Montego/Maestro owners club stand, who had the earliest Montego known to exist, and a Bang & Olufsen 7702 television, from 1984, which looked tiny in comparison to my 8902 Stereo set, I have at home!?

There was an awful lot of footfall on the 800 stand, throughout the two days I was on the stand, people reminiscing about the 800s they used to own, a suprising number of Morgan Plus 4 owners, whose vehicles have the M16 installed and a number of owners, including one chap who uses 1992 827Si, daily, and couldn't believe it had hit classic status.

One chap owned an 820E, when brand new, back in 1987, aged just 26. Seeing the 1986 SE we had on the stand, brought back many happy memories for him, including, that Mk1 mid range 800 smell, you'll know what I mean if you've ever owned an E, SE i or Si from around 1986 to 88 :).

There is definately a growing interest for the model, it would seem.

mercedade
Rover Guru

Post by mercedade » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Fantastic write-up, pictures and above all effort from all involved. Looks superb.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

soundrediscover
Regular Visitor

Post by soundrediscover » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:45 pm

My friend, near neighbour and fellow 800 owner attended and was very complimentary about the stand, so well done to all....
Rock On!

Ian

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Hearty congratulations for a job well done to the team who took the effort in putting on the stand at the NEC and displaying their cars. The stand looked very professional and every bit as good as the other stands/clubs on show.

It was nice to see the amount of interest the marque attracted and the fond memories it provoked for many car enthusiasts.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:58 pm

A few late pics.

Most of what I took are similar to Kates, but I here's a few shots of the stand and others that might be of interest.

Double headed Moggy, hard to tell the back from the front at first, (it even had two tax discs).
Looking closer the rear headlamps revealed red bulbs, and underneath its back axle and prop shaft.

Chopper made using whats left of the back end of an XJS and its V12 lump.

A few more lovely Yanks.

Jon