Hello From Wigan

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Re: Hello From Wigan

Post by BlueRover » Wed May 06, 2015 5:24 pm

midnite wrote:i think the design of the bumper with the sections around the fog lights is the same, and its very unusual, the side skirts arnt the same, but its the front design thats similar me thinks.

how come your white special edition as stood for so long then gordon, was it your nightfire tickford at pol 2015 then.
I wasn't at POL this year as I didn't get the car MOT'd until the week before and since I'd done the headgasket, I wasn't going to chance a long journey until I'd done a few short distance trips to test it out first. The white one suffered cambelt failure while I waited at a petrol station for a pump to become available. Lucky that, since only 15 minutes before I was ragging it down a dual carriageway. I replaced the bent valves but couldn't get the car to run on 4 cylinders so I left it to see to it later........ and later .... and well, it's probably 14 years now. The car will need some work to get it running again but I've decided to start on it this year if the weather holds. I have a recon block in the lounge and I can use the existing head and ancillaries with it. I've not noticed any rodent damage and the interior still looks excellent. She will live again, oh yes.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Shane
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Shane » Wed May 06, 2015 9:05 pm

I must say Gordon it does look good if it wasn't for the slightly flat tyres I would of thought it were still in regular use :)
Shane

jazoscar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jazoscar » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi have you still got the pick up hearse as I used to own it...cheers mark

Shane

Post by Shane » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:44 am

Hello Mark we do indeed still own it although it hasn't moved for a while now last time I had it running it had developed an issue with the gearbox
Shane

jazoscar

Post by jazoscar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Is it for sale as I would like her back I'm also looking for another 827 hearse...I currently run one as my daily runner...

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi Shane, good to see you on here - the pickup is certainly interesting and the fastback looks gorgeous. Would very much like to see more of your friends collection.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

Shane

Post by Shane » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:05 am

I am going to have a ride down to where they are this weekend hopefully so I will take my camera along and get some more recent shots of them :-)
Shane