Sterling coupe sunroof - silly offers invited!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NigelK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sterling coupe sunroof - silly offers invited!

Post by NigelK » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:36 pm

I have a spare glass roof panel that I bought from Sterling Automotive in Eastbourne, but as 'Edgar' (my 820A Sterling Coupe) retired to a new home in the countryside some years ago, this is superfluous. It was one of those purchases that seemed like a good idea at the time, and truth be told, I'd forgotten it was in the attic. I judge the seal serviceable but not pristine.

Rimmers tell me they don't have any, having sold off the last stock some time back. I'd rather it go to someone who'd use it rather than dump it in the non recyclable skip at my local recycling centre, so silly offers for a good home invited. I'm in Greenwich, and collection is preferred.

Thanks
Nigel

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Sterling coupe sunroof - silly offers invited!

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 pm

Is it just the glass panel you've got Nigel? Or the whole roof assembly?

Here's a link to the relevant Rimmers catalogue page :

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID004610

I think i might have had one of the last sunroof seals they had in stock a few months ago, i also have a complete sunroof assembly for a Coupé and had no offers when i put it on ebay - silly really when Rimmers want £1900 ish for a complete sunroof assembly.

Good luck with shifting your panel anyway, sadly i think you'll probably have the same luck as me! Hope it's better though! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

NigelK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by NigelK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi Dave

Thank you for your kind note, entirely unsurprising and by silly offer I meant £5 or less or even gift it. Will ask my local Rover man if he knows of a friendly breakers in the SE London/Kent area, otherwise after 9 years in the loft.... :( ...it's skip time, I'm sad to say....

You have a fine stable by the way!

All the best

Nigel :D

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Paging Phil B..................... Paging Phil B.......................

Phil is in the south London area Nigel and has a Coupé so may well be interested, especially if it's his favourite price! I'll try and give him a nudge in the direction of this thread. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi. Is this still available??!!!!
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:23 am

Just out of interest is the Coupe glass different to the others?
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 am

As far as i can work out Mark, the glass is the same but it's the mechanism that's different, the Coupé roof curves a lot more so that's almost certainly why. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

NigelK

Post by NigelK » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Nuts4my827 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 pm
Hi. Is this still available??!!!!
Hi Phil

Sorry for radio silence, crazy busy few weeks, yes, the roof is still available, I live in Greenwich, my number is 07974 *** ***.

All best

Nigel

Edited to remove phone number

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 pm

A word to the wise Nigel - not the best idea to post your number in the "open" part of the forum, a PM (Private message) would have been better.

If you look at the screen it shows the persons screen name who has made the post, below that there is a "Contact" button, click that and it comes up with a speech bubble and an envelope, clicking on the speech bubble takes you to the "Send PM" page so you can PM details you don't want in the public domain such as phone numbers, addresses etc.

For completeness, the envelope takes you to the "Send email" page where you can send the recipient an email directly, introduced as "<member> from Rover 800.info sent you an email" and then they can simply read the email.

Hope that's useful for you and if you want, after sending Phil a PM you can edit your post to reflect that and delete your number from it. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate