1991 Ex Met Police 827Sli

Moderators: guru, SJG

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Could well be the case. TBH I was expecting it to be a heap for the money anyway. I basically only wanted the engine and box. Scrap's up at the minute so I won't lose out.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

MikeMedford
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MikeMedford » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Just read through this, gawd that guy spouts some shite doesn't he?

Even without the additional detective work it is obvious that, that has never been a police car, mileage is way too low for a start, it's an auto and if it was going to be "unmarked" they wouldnt have chosen a white car which was in use as a police car in the first place...

Some people...

bren
Rover Guru

Post by bren » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:25 am

i could be wrong but i thought they did not have sunroof on police spec 800s. guys a c--k

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:44 am

Wouldn't on marked cars no, he claims it was an unmarked car which can have them as if I recall correctly it was a no cost option to have one?

But anyways, guy is talking out his rear.

By the way Bren, managed to check them doorcard bits out? :lol:

bren
Rover Guru

Post by bren » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:24 pm

sorry for delay have had the central heating being changed last week and the 2 day job still isnt finished :evil: dont ask.
will try and get to post and find out the cost on tuesday, cheers Bren

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:33 pm

No worries mate, been busy doing sheds all weekend and have some more work todo before I tackle anything on the car :)

dodgyvinyl
Regular Visitor

Post by dodgyvinyl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:30 am

Advert now says:

"*** I HAVE DECEIDED TO REMOVE MY ADVERT DUE TO A DAN ***** POURING SCORN AND VILE EMAILS USING THIS SITES EMAIL SERVICE AND SHALL BE SEEKING LEGAL ADVISE FROM CAR AND CLASSIC....THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GENUINE ENQUIRIES AND INTEREST ***"

It would seem to me that you would not withdraw an ad which you knew to be correct?
Volvo V70 / S70 / 850 / C70 - several breaking - eBay user ID "Volbits".
Volvo V70 T5 TD - My daily driver

Seans Dad
Regular Visitor

Post by Seans Dad » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 am

Seen that. Yes, I've had an interesting day today! :lol:

But look, does this look familiar??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0490289794

My detective work has paid off it seems.

Regarding the emails today, I sent him one thru C&C telling him what a con artist he was, and he replied saying he was somebody else, a Thomaz Hardy!! He gave me the reg number of the car, but I checked it with the DVLA, and it was not recognised!!

He also reckoned it stood on a show stand with other police cars at a classic car show in Cobham, Surrey yesterday, and insisted he had correct paperwork confirming the cars history.

The C&C ad has not been removed, just the description edited to drag my name through the mire, as it were.

He obviously has two eBay accounts, 2006maley, and p5andp6restore.

I got this info from Chris' ebay feedback (thanks Chris!)

Paul Maley has been well and truly "found out", "busted", "rumbled", call it what you want.

The listing above just confirms what a lowlife he really is.....

I've done the decent thing and reported the ebay listing to ebay as fraudulent.

Dan.
1999 Mercedes C Class C240 Sport Auto Estate.

Previous Rovers: '94 827 Sterling Fastback Auto, '91 820si Fastback Auto.

http://www.mgt-dist.co.uk

NONOTE
Regular Visitor

Post by NONOTE » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:34 am

Thank you all for this really entertaining topic, I get so much pleasure from seeing Walter Mittys (and desperate sellers) exposed for the clowns that they are!
Anybody interested in a nice Mondeo, ex Police diplomatic protection unit in Shirebrook (mate told me), you can still see the indentation of the police radio on the rear of the back seat and the screw holes on the dash where the microphone was, plus it's dark blue with no sunroof. Last owner says it's definitely not an ex taxi.

Thanks again chaps!

Steve
Some big lads did it.

Seans Dad
Regular Visitor

Post by Seans Dad » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 am

The above eBay listing has now been pulled from eBay.

Whether he's done it, or eBay themselves have done it, I cannot say. I'd reported the ad last night (or early this morning!) as fraudulent.

It was bid up to £1500 when I last looked, with 6 days still to run.

I've had no further contact from him thus far, but I'll keep you all posted.

EDIT: The Car & Classic advert has now been fully removed, and his "2006maley" ebay account comes back as "not a registered user".

Point proved??? I think so.

Dan.

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor

Post by Gludenscrude » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 pm

As I have said previously, it didn't seem right to me and I am no where near an expert on Mk1's but I thank Seans Dad as he has saved someone from quite an expensive mistake.

Good on you

Regards

Martin
Martin

Rover 827SLi Manual Fastback "K"
Rover 827 Sterling Automatic Fastback "M"
Rover 827 Vitesse Automatic "H"
Toyota Celica Cabriolet "J"

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Well said, Martin.

Dan's done a great job of helping someone avoid an expensive purchase.

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!

Seans Dad
Regular Visitor

Post by Seans Dad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:33 am

Thankyou Brad & Martin for your kind remarks.

If you remember, I was very angry & upset after Paul Maley re-advertised my Sterling claiming he'd done all the servicing work to it that in fact had been done by me, plus he claimed it to have had an engine modification to produce 235bhp rather than the standard 170bhp. My Sterling was a good honest car, I knew it inside out, and it nearly brought me to tears when I saw his adverts for it.

Martin, I think it is you who needs to be thanked, for bringing the "police" car to our attention, otherwise some poor innocent chap would have been seriously out of pocket had a sale been completed. Needless to say, I'm sure Paul Maley WILL sell it in it's current state, but at the moment, I think he's just gone off to "lick his wounds".

I've not had any contact from him since Sunday evening, or his alter ego "Thomaz Hardy" (quite appropriate really, as Thomas Hardy is a well known novelist, and we've just had Paul Maley telling stories!!).

So the fact that he's not defended the police cars authenticity speaks volumes in my book.

In the meantime, his ebay account 2006maley is no longer registered, and his other account, p5andp6restore has had all it's listings removed (there were about five items for sale, all vehicles of some form). Chris was lucky in the fact that he only bought a scrapper from him.

But I'm sure Mr. Maley will be back soon in another guise no doubt, but this whole episode just goes to show how careful you need to be when dealing with people you don't know.

If I receive any further developments from my end, I will of course let you all know.

Dan.

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:40 pm

All cars I buy can quite easily become scrappers. :lol:

I'm actually surprised ebay have done anything about it to be honest.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold