Good Reliable 800 Wanted

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RoastBeef
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Good Reliable 800 Wanted

Post by RoastBeef » Sun May 09, 2010 1:00 pm

I've been looking for the right 800 for a few months now, but due to the sudden 'death' of my beloved Volvo, I need a replacement car asap. We have a trip to France planned very soon and were going in the Volvo, so I now need a very reliable car, very quickly to do this journey in. I prefer the 827, but would consider others. It need to be an Automatic also. Please contact me if you have car you think may be suitable for sale.
Pete

820TickyTubby
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by 820TickyTubby » Sun May 09, 2010 1:07 pm

My friend chris has a 827 sterling he was thinking about selling but we are all the way up here in newcasle it is auto too!

RoastBeef
Regular Visitor

Post by RoastBeef » Sun May 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi, I guess your about 4 hrs away, which is a bit far I think, hoping I can find something a bit closer to home. Thanks anyway
Pete

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Sun May 09, 2010 3:52 pm

'Afternoon,

Not sure whether or not you know about it, but my black 827 Si fastback is for sale if you're interested? A new battery and you're away. Not quite top spec, but with a new battery it'd definately see that you get to France and back in a comfort and mid-range luxury!

For info, see:
http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4485

and

http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4302

Distance would be an issue though, possibly, as I'm down in Swindon.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Seans Dad
Regular Visitor

Post by Seans Dad » Sun May 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Swindon is less than 2 hours from B'ham, depending on which part of Brum you're coming from.

Dan, I take it the viewings didn't go well last weekend then? You mentioned you had two buyers coming over after seeing your C&C ad.

Dan.
1999 Mercedes C Class C240 Sport Auto Estate.

Previous Rovers: '94 827 Sterling Fastback Auto, '91 820si Fastback Auto.

http://www.mgt-dist.co.uk

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Sun May 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Seans Dad wrote:Swindon is less than 2 hours from B'ham, depending on which part of Brum you're coming from.

Dan, I take it the viewings didn't go well last weekend then? You mentioned you had two buyers coming over after seeing your C&C ad.

Dan.
Bit of a disastrous week to be honest, I've nackered my back somehow, had two drama exams and a cancellation and a no-show. So it's still here, sat on the drive. Jump-started it today when another bloke came to view, but he insisted that it was only worth £150 and that was the best offer I was going to get. Otherwise, not so productive thus far...

Not all bad though Dan, as I've effectively finished college until september I can start work and have expressed interest in a fair few jobs to fill the weekdays - hopefully, I'll have about four jobs on the go in the next month so I may be able to insure it after all :lol:
(although, as with many things in life, I highly doubt anything like that would work in my favour, so not pinning any hopes on finding another job soon..)

Otherwise, it's still here. Why, you interested? ;)

whitelion58
Rover Guru

Post by whitelion58 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:11 pm

For what its worth - I am amazed you have had so much trouble shifting what is a great 827 Dan! £150 is an insult, no question.

As you know, very nearly bought it myself, just got too many other distractions on the go, that's all.

Would recommend that RB gets on a train with a battery and a fistful of crumpled tenners without further delay...

Tim
'86 825 Sterling Saloon
'90 827 Si Fastback
'94 Sterling Coupe
+ others.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Sun May 09, 2010 5:28 pm

whitelion58 wrote:For what its worth - I am amazed you have had so much trouble shifting what is a great 827 Dan! £150 is an insult, no question.

As you know, very nearly bought it myself, just got too many other distractions on the go, that's all.

Would recommend that RB gets on a train with a battery and a fistful of crumpled tenners without further delay...

Tim
If I'm honest Tim, I've not really tried hard to sell it - It's been more of a 'need' to sell it, rather than a 'want' to sell it. I'm happy to work all summer to pay the silly insurance prices (which have got slightly cheaper over the past month - 'new driver' syndrome is wearing off perhaps?) but if somebody comes along in the meantime and wants it to tinker with and use, then I will admit defeat and let it go to get something more 'sensible'.

Of the few cars I've owned so far, this one is proving most difficult to part with, for 'emotional' reasons rather than 'can't shift it' reasons.

Seans Dad
Regular Visitor

Post by Seans Dad » Sun May 09, 2010 6:11 pm

DLR wrote:
Seans Dad wrote:Swindon is less than 2 hours from B'ham, depending on which part of Brum you're coming from.

Dan.
Bit of a disastrous week to be honest, I've nackered my back somehow, had two drama exams and a cancellation and a no-show. So it's still here, sat on the drive. Jump-started it today when another bloke came to view, but he insisted that it was only worth £150 and that was the best offer I was going to get. Otherwise, not so productive thus far...

Not all bad though Dan, as I've effectively finished college until september I can start work and have expressed interest in a fair few jobs to fill the weekdays - hopefully, I'll have about four jobs on the go in the next month so I may be able to insure it after all :lol:
(although, as with many things in life, I highly doubt anything like that would work in my favour, so not pinning any hopes on finding another job soon..)

Otherwise, it's still here. Why, you interested? ;)
£150????? :shock: I hope you told him to Foxtrot Oscar!! I sold my Rover 216 today, and got £200 for it, so to say your 800 is only worth £150 is taking the p*ss!

No Dan, I'm not interested I'm afraid, as much as I'd like an 800 again, we only need one car in the family now, and the C Class estate is fulfilling all its needs........one day I'll have another one....... :D

Good luck with the sale, or, even better, with the job front so you can insure it yourself....... 8)

Dan.
1999 Mercedes C Class C240 Sport Auto Estate.

Previous Rovers: '94 827 Sterling Fastback Auto, '91 820si Fastback Auto.

http://www.mgt-dist.co.uk

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Sun May 09, 2010 7:37 pm

It's worth at least £200 for scrap just for reference.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold