Alex's Rover Vitesse Coupé

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Alex SBY
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alex's Rover Vitesse Coupé

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:55 pm

This is a car I bought over the winter, primarily to use as a 'winter hack' after the BMW decided to go a bit wrong and blow its headgasket rather suddenly and spectacularly. Regular viewers will remember that last year I bought a BRG Fastback Vitesse and then sold it to Vard. Well, I soon regretted doing that and deep down had a hankering for another turbocharged 800.

When another friend of mine (Stewart) said he was selling his Vitesse Coupé, I gave it a lot of thought. Once the BMW went breasts skyward and it had been confirmed to me by Stewart that the car had had the steel-caged gearbox bearings fitted at some stage by a former owner, I decided to go for it.

Unsurprisingly for me, it is British Racing Green. Did they ever make any other colour?! :lol:

Here are some pictures; I'll let them say what they need to say!

The car is a 200BHP model, and being a late spec car is essentially a Sterling specification vehicle but with the turbo engine. Since purchase I've had and done a lot to it, including replacement of the radiator, bumper mounts, all sorts of things. The exhaust came with it, and it sounds GOOOOD! :mrgreen:

Sadly over the cold snap a few weeks back the air con decided to pack up. I'm getting that looked at this week. I think it is the condenser, but on these it can often be pipework fatigue too.

The plan with this car is to keep it tidy, do jobs as and when they need, and just use it. It is immense fun to drive!

Thanks for looking.
One or two 800s...

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Alex's Rover Vitesse Coupé

Post by Nuts4my827 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Wow. Your car is registered 43 cars before my 800 Turbo Coupé that has resided on this forum for a while. Mine is 511, and Pewter. Doesn't have the steel caged bearings wither I think.

Very nice.
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 am

As usual Alex very well presented 8)
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

820Vitesse
Regular Visitor

Post by 820Vitesse » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 am

R468 BRW google linked me to this thread. Anyone know if this Coupe is still about, MOT history says last test was 2012. I owned it in 2008, was a really nice car, everything working and the body was good.

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:10 pm

A vehicle enquiry check says no details found so I reckon it's been scrapped or maybe on a different plate?
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

820Vitesse
Regular Visitor

Post by 820Vitesse » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:40 pm

It may have changed hands a few times and not received the attention they deserve/need. I guess they get to a point then either desolve or an expensive mechanical failure means the end.
Few pictures from 2008